Gothic 3 monetary trading system

curious

liberty or license
most will notice a problem sometimes when they want to trade and the trader has enough gold listed but the gold balance button doesn't work. while you can double click on the gold in their inventory to see how much they actually have to trade i still wondered what the extra was for. i'm pretty sure now that amount of gold shown and the the actual amount they have only differs if you have trained with the npc/merchant or given them gold in some way other than the trade screen. this is why your are able to rob the npcs back of the stuff you've given them but not stuff you've traded. so if you're really in dire need of money you could always train with the same trainer and then get your money back later and use amnesia on them. though leaders are of limits because at no time can they be knocked unconsious-just killed.

Actually, what is shown is the VALUE of their TOTAL Inventory. This is made up of their Gold (the disk with a number on it, like 4k) and their other supplies. You can only sell up to the value of the actual gold amount they have!!

AFAIK there are basically two "inventories" for NPC merchants. One "trading inventory" and a "private" one. The "private" one basically contains quest items (that is, items they'll eventually hand over to you during the course of a quest or vice versa) including "quest money". Money you pay for training goes into the private one as well. When trading, the amount of money displayed is the total amount combined from both inventories. That's probably a bug. You will only have access to the gold present in the NPC's "trading inventory" when selling stuff.

thats what i said. but i guess you just made it clearer. thanks. and i don't think its a bug. if someone runs a store they are going to have a seperate business account seperate from their own personal account. and if the store is actually owned by someone else and/or they have to give a cut of their profit then they would want everything else to be on the side otherwise they would have to lose some of the money they make from you bribing them or recieving training (an intangible good not found in stores.)

I don't think it's a bug that you can't access their private stash during trading. I do think that it is a bug, that the "private" amount of coins is included in the trade window display.

Back
Top Bottom