Gothic 3 Questions on a couple of Faring quests

txa1265

SasqWatch
1. Wolf skins - OK, so the Orc wants 20. I am no hunter, took no skills. But I need the skins to continue ... so where do I scare up 20 wolf skins?

2. Booze - I need 2 bottles of Nordmar Noggingfog. Got one from the guy in the hut outside of town. But no one has any more in town. I checked the walkthrough and it talks about 'Mitch', but he seems to have split after the troll quest ... any ideas?

1. Ten you can retrieve from Cape Dun, which you probably handed over to Jens already. Knock him out and take them back.

For the other ten ... well, this might pose a problem. I don't believe there are that many "spare" ones in the world, so you'll probably have to learn skinning, anyways. Wargs can also be skinned for wolf pelts, by the way.

2. Yes, Mitch is the one. The problem is, that he walks into the castle after the troll hunt quest, if I recall correctly. So, you won't be able to complete that quest until you've been allowed to enter the castle anyways.

1. Ten you can retrieve from Cape Dun, which you probably handed over to Jens already. Knock him out and take them back.

For the other ten ... well, this might pose a problem. I don't believe there are that many "spare" ones in the world, so you'll probably have to learn skinning, anyways. Wargs can also be skinned for wolf pelts, by the way.

2. Yes, Mitch is the one. The problem is, that he walks into the castle after the troll hunt quest, if I recall correctly. So, you won't be able to complete that quest until you've been allowed to enter the castle anyways.

Hehe .. well, it ends up that because of the other stuff I am now allowed into the castle anyway ... so I will give that a try.

the moonshiner near where the trolls are should offer you to collect some boozeberries for him and he gives you the recipe. also a merchant in the hammer clan sells the recipe, but you can find many bottles lying around up there anyhow.
as for the skins there are over 30 that you can find. there are nearly 20 in cape dun actually and there are some here and there lying all over myrtana. the castle in montera for example has a storeroom with a bunch of skins lying around. the only items i haven't been able to find any over for hunting quests are shadowbeast horns, lurker skin and claws, and sabertooth teeth. otherwise all hunting quests can be completed through finding the items in the world.

Getting the basic hunting skills for skinning etc, is always worthwhile, as several quests make use of them!!

i don't think its very realistic if you are roleplaying a pure mage, corwin, to learn any fighting, smithing, or hunting skills...obviously its beneficial, but makes it more of a challenge if you don't.

I agree with you in principle, but I got fed up trying to learn who the prisoner was in Lago where I needed 20 skins and claws and I didn't have the skills necessary. Since I had spare LP's I went and 'bought' them. Totally reprehensible of me, I admit, but at least I was able to get the XP and progress the game!!

Back
Top Bottom