Gothic 3 I need some help.

Sparow

Watcher
hey
can someone help me
everytime i want to get in silden i get attacked by all the orcs en mercenaries
is that because i only have 7 reputation with the orcs and 60 with the rebels?

no its because you have liberated to many towns. if you liberate more than 2 towns after ardea, which is inevitable, then talking to an orc leader will turn all orc's hostile, and if you liberate another town beyond that then you have tipped the scales of the war by taking half of the orcs towns away from them--why on earth would they not want to kill you on site? you need to reload a game unfortunately, liberating towns or crushing resistance camps is not a good idea til later in the game unless you don't mind missing out on a lot of quests. completing the game is no problem though it just might be a bit harder. but hey if you hate orcs that much its realistic that you don't want to wait to liberate the towns.

on a side note there are sometime random slaves, orcs, rebels walking a path. they are unnamed but i accidentely killed them all(3) when they were fighting some beasts near the pass of varant. afterwords faring became hostile to me and when i went to the nearby rebel camp of nemora, a bunch of named orc mercenaries from faring were attacking the camp. i hadn't even liberated a town yet, but i guess my point is i had to reload a couple hours of time so be careful about attacking/killing random orcs. small rebels camps and orc camps out in the middle of nowhere don't seem to have an impact on your reputation if you kill them though and sometimes you actually can gain reputation with one faction and not lose any favor with another.

ok thanks, but i liberated more than 2 towns, first cape dun, montera, gelderen, trelis maybe some more but i cant remember :D
and yes i hate the orcs so i think i will continue with killing them all:D

Last edited:
Well if you play it again remember you can pretend your helping them doing all there quest buying from the Merc and one you have all the cities done with quest henyou can liberate them all at the same time frame.
Remember once turn on the Orc they are hostle everywhere including Varrant which means the towns with Orcs will attack on site, so if the town has and Orc then all the Hassissian he is in legue with will attack also. preveti ng you from completing quest there if everyone is hostle.

you can't complete all main quests anyway as some are faction specific later on in the game depending on what god you choose. you will still have two choices left in the end. but the path of beliar is closed to you so you will miss out on a few main quests. and like acleacius said you will be attacked by a number of towns that have orcs in them and subsequently those have some hashishin in them so eventually depending on the order of varant towns you visit all hashishin will be hostile to you. don't worry the rebels, rangers, nomads, and nordmarians all have lots of quests to do. i would travel to mora sul first if i were you as there are main quests items there and they will be much easier to find if you recieve them through quests rather than trying to track them by killing/looting everything in southern varant.

oh and just to note you can get over 50 reputation with the rebels without liberating any towns which enable you to get paladin armor all with out having to 'take sides' - the rangers and nordmarians are the only other ones you can 'max out' without liberating/crushing towns/camps. you may want to keep this in mind your next time through the game.

Back
Top Bottom