JA:Flashback - Tactical Overload Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Full Control has released the next big update for the early access version of Jagged Alliance: Flashback, and included the next video development diary.

Jagged Alliance: Flashback Tactical Overload Update

Once again Jagged Alliance: Flashback continues to expand and we have added a lot of new features for you to enjoy. Step up to your enemies and hit them right in the kisser, which is now possible through the implementation of melee combat! Not brave enough to face him head on? No problem! Sneak up on him and take him down in silence, thanks to the new stealth system.

We have also updated the inventory system and implemented a complete UI overhaul. Enjoy the game with a more detailed overview and a new way to quickly access your most important items. Switching weapons and tossing grenades has never been easier!

But it doesn’t end there! We have also added view cones and an interrupt system to this update, allowing you to make a lot more tactical decisions on the battlefield.

Join the rush on San Hermanos and enjoy a tropical island Jagged Alliance-style!

The new update includes:

16 New Sectors
13 New Mercenaries
Melee Combat
Stealth System
Updated Inventory System with Quickslots
Interrupts
Viewcones
In-game UI Overhaul
More information.

Looks really good.

I really despise the model they're using for pricing, with the high cost for EA blamed on being fair to kickstarter backers (because IMO KS backers should be most interested in seeing the best possible game get made, not be petty about who pays what, especially when some backers put in WAY more than the game will ever cost), but the game is looking really good. I'll likely wait, but it's very tempting.

When is the full version supposed to come out ?
No idea really as the kickstarter says November 2014, and the website has information as sometime in 2014. So by the end of this year, or 2015 by my estimate.

Looks really good.

I really despise the model they're using for pricing, with the high cost for EA blamed on being fair to kickstarter backers (because IMO KS backers should be most interested in seeing the best possible game get made, not be petty about who pays what, especially when some backers put in WAY more than the game will ever cost), but the game is looking really good. I'll likely wait, but it's very tempting.

I think this is a passing problem. If you look at all the new Kickstarters most of them give out Early access at the same level you get the game, instead it's the Alpha game that you pay more to get into. Remember that what all these games got funded Early access on Steam was nowhere near where it is today.

I still believe it's pefectly fair to price the Early access in line with that the Backers paid for the same level, I think anything else would be a lot more wrong. But as I said, I think it's a passing problem.

Back
Top Bottom