Things you don't need to know...

Could be applied mascara. The most horrific substance in the universe.

Winter can be hard in Norway. For instance, when I want to drive the car at below 273K temperatures, there is usually ice on the front pane, and it's recommended that you take the time to remove said ice. I don't mind, the procedure takes me less than two hours.

However, some people choose to ignore the advice, like this one:
11889454.jpg

Observe that the clear part of the windows is mostly due to the in-car heating, so the viewable area was probably even less when he started.

The police wasn't too happy, so it cost him 500EUR, and he's now a pedestrian for at least 3 months.

But I guess he was lucky. If he had an - not exactly unexpected - accident, the insurance company might be somewhat … uncooperative. And if the accident involved severe or fatal damage to people, he might very well end up doing time.

an incarnation of pibbur who prefers to remove ice whenever he sees it. On his car. And on the road up to his house.

Winter can be hard in Norway. For instance, when I want to drive the car at below 273K temperatures, there is usually ice on the front pane, and it's recommended that you take the time to remove said ice. I don't mind, the procedure takes me less than two hours.

However, some people choose to ignore the advice, like this one:

Observe that the clear part of the windows is mostly due to the in-car heating, so the viewable area was probably even less when he started.

The police wasn't too happy, so it cost him 500EUR, and he's now a pedestrian for at least 3 months.

But I guess he was lucky. If he had an - not exactly unexpected - accident, the insurance company might be somewhat … uncooperative. And if the accident involved severe or fatal damage to people, he might very well end up doing time.

an incarnation of pibbur who prefers to remove ice whenever he sees it. On his car. And on the road up to his house.
As a lazy American that just seems exhausting. I can just imagine getting up at 2AM in the morning just to thaw your car of Ice, and make it to work by 5AM.:faint:

Glad my winters are mild at best and I don't have to deal with ice anymore.

As a lazy American that just seems exhausting. I can just imagine getting up at 2AM in the morning just to thaw your car of Ice, and make it to work by 5AM.:faint:

Well, I said less than two hours.

an incarnation of pibbur who admits it takes at least an hour less than two hours.

Weird. In the middle of my winter, I still use the AC in the car to keep everything cool!! :) One of the many joys of living in Oz!! :D

Oh and the stuff down here is called Vegemite, but I don't like it. Looks too much like crushed ants to me!! :)

Oh and the stuff down here is called Vegemite, but I don't like it. Looks too much like crushed ants to me!! :)
Blech how do you guys eat that stuff?:puke:

vegemite-sandwich.jpg

Last edited:
Well, there is NZ Marmite (I thought it sold in Aus as well?) which tastes less vile than UK Marmite. I like both Vegemite and NZ Marmite. It's the spread of Kings!

Well, there is NZ Marmite (I thought it sold in Aus as well?) which tastes less vile than UK Marmite. I like both Vegemite and NZ Marmite. It's the spread of Kings!
I believe there is a cheese version as well. o_O

I'll stick with nutella thank you, or another spread.

Spread of Kings is hazelnut chocolate spread like Nutella.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I believe there is a cheese version as well. o_O

I'll stick with nutella thank you, or another spread.

Nutella tastes good (for some reason it's also available in Norway). In fact it's dangerously good, since it's not particularly healthy.

Marmite OTOH seems so yecccchhhy, that I suspect it's actually healthy. Fortunately it's not readily available in the land of pibburs.

an incarnation of pibbur who realizes there probably are "delicacies" even more disgusting.

PS. I would like to try surstrømming. DS

Weird. In the middle of my winter, I still use the AC in the car to keep everything cool!! :) One of the many joys of living in Oz!! :D
Hah!!!!

I know that you sometimes are sensible.

You know what really sucks buying clothes or a jacket online and finding out the sizes the manufacturer use are not up to par. Seriously a 3X shirt is not an XL.

Can't even get my arms in the shirts or jacket and getting a refund from them is a hassle. They must be using child size adults for the cheap China manufactures.

Promote for me I can’t stand vegemite. In the 1980s the overseas vegemite was a watered down version of the Australian. Yes I comparison tested. @Corwin; - crushed ants actually taste better than vegemite

Promote for me I can’t stand vegemite. In the 1980s the overseas vegemite was a watered down version of the Australian. Yes I comparison tested. @Corwin; - crushed ants actually taste better than vegemite

Q: Since you don't like vegemite, does the watered down version taste better (assuming it tastes less vegemite than the undiluted one)?

pibbur who admits that Norway too has dishes (some of which he really likes) which the rest of the world finds despicable.

He forgot to mention Svalbard and Antarctica. We have a lot of real estate there.

an incarnation of pibbur who, unlike his wife and the authorities up there, might consider moving to Svalbard.
As long as you don't move to Valhall...

Ouch! Spread of Kings? Thank God I'm a republican (not a GOP repubclican).

an incarnation of pibbur who wants the watch to know that his like related to the post, not the substance disgust... eh... discussed

Back
Top Bottom