Shield

D

Deleted User

Jade Empire just released for the Shield. Pretty crazy. Might have to pick it up. I did not expect an RPG like that to get released. Maybe it's available on all Android devices, hmm…

Also just realizing that Risen 3 is on Shield. Is thatt game really too easy as I've heard it is?

Last edited:
Also just realizing that Risen 3 is on Shield. Is thatt game really too easy as I've heard it is?
On PC it's easy.
However there are some people who don't get it and can't get past the easy earliest trashmobs (dogs), example is Angry Joe.

On PC it's easy.
However there are some people who don't get it and can't get past the easy earliest trashmobs (dogs), example is Angry Joe.

Damn. I don't recall Risen 2 being too easy. Hmm. Still well worth playing, joxer?

It's a mustbuy game.
On PC.

It has controller support and the Shield version is 100% the same as the PC version. So while it would be nicer on a large TV, I think it will be fine on the Shield.

Thanks for the comment. I'm going to pick up.

I thought of buying shield. For my mom - she likes to play Mahjong on a tablet. But since some cheap tablet she uses still didn't fart...

The Shield is probably a bit much for your mom, joxer. It *is* cheap, though, and it is still the best gaming tablet on the market with the nicest GPU. Pretty amazing considering it's price (which is literally 1/6 of some of the crazy expensive tablets).

If you get the older version it comes with a nice stylus and drawing apps, etc., as well as a cool stylus dock. To save costs (I guess) they removed the stylus from the latest version (but all the components and specs are the same).

The juicy price with Kepler SoC is what made me even consider it as some future option for her.

It does say stream from PC, but I don't think she'd play any of my games. ;)
Hmmm, maybe Stardew Valley... We'll see.

Yeah, it has Nvidia Gamestream built in which lets you stream games from PC. It works well but it's not on the level of simplicity yet for casual users, really. You have to tinker a bit to get specific games working to your liking. That said, any game that offers controller support should work and not be much of a hassle, such as Stardew Valley, Skyrim, etc. Steam Big Picture Mode works great on the tablet as well.

Well they ported the aurora engine for Knights of the old republic so it makes sense that they would port it and probably some of the other aurora games.

Joxer, would you please make me a teleporter so I can safely bring my computer the 60 miles travel each time I go visit my family? In return, I'll give your mother my Shield cuz I won't be needing it any more after that.

I do like when subcontext gets revealed, however it's a bit of a miss here.

Shield, from what I've read, seems as the perfect price/performance tablet currently. It seems to beat anything from Apple and is faster than Cube i7 Stylus.

The question is if streaming more than 60FPS capable machine game onto consolerubbish standard display is acceptable. I really don't think anyone who uses 60+ Hz monitor connected it with PC over HDMI. It's possible to do it, but then you limited yourself on 60FPS.
If someone doesn't care about frames, why buying a tablet at all? Why not ebay some superold nintendo and that's it?

I mentioned my mother. She is obsessed with some games, but these are all casual, you can't expect 80+ years old person to play Doom. In her case, and assuming her current cheap rubbish tablet died, I'd buy her Shield right away. She wouldn't use many of it's features, but sure as hell she wouldn't suffer from the gadget being slow as dirt or plain rubbish.

Teleporter won't exist as long as oil lobbies exist. It would perfectly fit microtransactions climate, but the "enemy" is still too tough. So I'm not making it. I don't want to get killed. And I don't want to detail it in P&R subsection here.
Let's see what happens with electric cars in the next decade then we can return to teleporter idea.

Not sure why would anyone carry their PC on a trip. I do travel here and there, but I never ever bring anything with me except the bloody phone, and even then I'm not using it for playing games. I was at hospital for a surgery a couple of weeks back and took nothing with me - instead of wasting time on nothing, I've used the time to socialize with other patients. Three of us were there, we had TV in the room but we couldn't care less about it, we were discussing a vast of different life experiences.
While I used the recent example, this happens always when I'm anywhere outside of my home. I have no time for gadgetery, I'm more interested in people. Oddly, it happens almost everyone else feels like that too. All you need is to start talking.
Yes, with people you don't know. Forget silly Hollywood panic based "don't talk to strangers" irrational thing.

The industry wants you to become lonely. That way, you'll buy any garbage advertised as modern socializing method. You don't need that crap. Just shaking hands or a hug with a stranger is worth more than sharing memoires on facebook.
I don't want you to believe me. I want you to try it.

And for god's sakes my neighbor just called me on a coffee. Will I stay and write some more? No. I'm off with the guy - although he's into Pokemon Go. But Pokemon aside, he's very talented in music, so many topics we didn't even scratch yet!
Next time don't bring your shield with you. Try to manage without it, but do give people a chance.

Coffee done, don't be sorry, I needed "a push" to post the next detail. ;)

Teleporter won't exist as long as oil lobbies exist. It would perfectly fit microtransactions climate, but the "enemy" is still too tough. So I'm not making it. I don't want to get killed. And I don't want to detail it in P&R subsection here.
Let's see what happens with electric cars in the next decade then we can return to teleporter idea.

There's also the problem of the theory that using a teleporter basically kills you and just makes a clone of you on the other end. Unless it's some type of wormhole...

Not really, no. Old Star Trek novels covered the issue addressing even the question - what happens to the (immortal) soul. Nothing is killed, just transformed.

Anyway, the topic is shield. If I'm correct, so far everyone, me included, agrees that this tablet is worth buying. Any different vote?
Let's not go P&R. ;)

Not really, no. Old Star Trek novels covered the issue addressing even the question - what happens to the (immortal) soul. Nothing is killed, just transformed.

Anyway, the topic is shield. If I'm correct, so far everyone, me included, agrees that this tablet is worth buying. Any different vote?
Let's not go P&R. ;)

I've been using mine for years. It's s00per.

Well they ported the aurora engine for Knights of the old republic so it makes sense that they would port it and probably some of the other aurora games.

I haven't heard of the Aurora Engine. What other RPGs were made in that engine? I've played the Knights of the Old Republic Android port and it's excellent. Use a stylus and you might be amazed at how good the controls are with it.

Back
Top Bottom