Elex After playing Elex for a long time IMO Elex is better than the Gothic games

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I honestly wasnt expecting much from the game after how bad the Risen games have gotten, but Piranha Bytes have redeemed themselves. I have almost completed it after spending more than a 100 hours into the game and I justg had to say how awesome it is. It has the Gothic climbing as well as the jet pack which helps you climb even higher. The crafting system is great, the combat i have really warmed to. All the factions have flaws. The story so far has been great.

I hope Piranha Bytes stay with THQ Nordic, they have both "risen" (sorry) like a phoenix. I expect great things out of them in the future. Please support both by buying this game, this game deserves the sales and both deserve to release new games in the future.

You're over 100 hours in 1 week? Do you not work or something? :)

I'm at 74 hours right now, though some of that time was spent reloading to experiment with different dialogue options, etc.

I think it's light-years better than the Risen games, though I don't agree that those games were bad. Personally, I think they're all underrated. ELEX blows them away though and Gothic 3 as well.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to say it's better than Gothic 1&2 yet, but that might just be the nostalgia talking.

Awesome, thanks for the comments both of you.

I just finished Gothic 2 for the first time a couple months back, and while I liked it a lot, I have to say that ELEX is probably my favorite PB game too. And I agree with @JDR13; that the Risen games are underrated. But ELEX is really something. It's like the attention to detail of the Gothic/Risen games with a huge handcrafted world that is just crazy to explore. All while maintaining hand-placed everything, high challenge level, methodical and slow progression, interesting characters and factions and exquisite balance (IMO). It's really PB taken to the next level. And the jetpack is a must-have for future open-world RPGs that have lots of interesting things to see and find.

I will definitely preorder ELEX 2. ELEX is probably closest to my "ideal RPG" when it comes to this genre of action RPG.

I couldn't get into Gothic at all, but I really enjoyed Risen 3 and am currently enjoying Elex. I find the game to be rough around all the edges, but still quite fun. I'd rate it a 7. I think some polishing and patching would move it up to a 8.5.

I couldn't get into Gothic at all, but I really enjoyed Risen 3 and am currently enjoying Elex. I find the game to be rough around all the edges, but still quite fun. I'd rate it a 7. I think some polishing and patching would move it up to a 8.5.

Just for curiosity, why Risen but not Gothic? Was it controls? Awful voice acting?

You're over 100 hours in 1 week? Do you not work or something? :)

I'm at 74 hours right now, though some of that time was spent reloading to experiment with different dialogue options, etc.

I think it's light-years better than the Risen games, though I don't agree that those games were bad. Personally, I think they're all underrated. ELEX blows them away though and Gothic 3 as well.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to say it's better than Gothic 1&2 yet, but that might just be the nostalgia talking.

Yeah, I dont work. I am currently training my discipline so I can be in a position to do a job which is my main area of struggle when it comes to keeping jobs. But yes Elex had me hooked. Days that I had nothing to do I must have played about 16 hours that day.

EDIT: I just beat the game, the last boss fight has an interesting mechanic which i wont spoil, but if you die in that fight you have to go through a lot of dialogue to get tp the fight. Money well spent.

Pot… Meet kettle ?

:p

I have only had 5-6 hours of gameplay… Poor me. :(

I was gonna make fun of JDR's post too, but I have 73 hours in the game and have never been above level 11 or 12. Gotta stop restarting….I'm about to hit an achievement called Careerist that is for completing 300 missions, yet I've barely done any quests outside of Edan/Goliet.

I was gonna make fun of JDR's post too, but I have 73 hours in the game and have never been above level 11 or 12. Gotta stop restarting….I'm about to hit an achievement called Careerist that is for completing 300 missions, yet I've barely done any quests outside of Edan/Goliet.
Yeah, I think you may want to try and progress a bit.

You can try role-playing an alb spy that discovers he's not really a spy at the end and actually was exiled.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Just for curiosity, why Risen but not Gothic? Was it controls? Awful voice acting?

I played Gothic games at release and enjoyed them but I can't play the vanilla Gothic 1 or 2 these days due to dated graphics. May be thats the reason.

Wow, better than or almost as good as the Gothic games? I sooooo have to get this game!!!

After playing Elex for a long time IMO Elex is better than the Gothic games.
It's not. Graphics is better, but there are still plenty low textures used (probably because the game needed to be ported onto rubbish hardware).

Interface is way worse, trashmobs are respawning and music is ignorable.

chars and story are weaker than gothic 1/2
Not really. Elex is the first game in series and you're remembering Diego, Gorn, Milten and etc through three games. IMO story/chars are on the same level. Even lack of humor level is the same - PB almost maxed it.

Wow, better than or almost as good as the Gothic games? I sooooo have to get this game!!!
It's as good as. Buy now and play immediately!
I know you enjoy the story from it, but pause your 15th Skyrim playthrough already! :p

I played Gothic games at release and enjoyed them but I can't play the vanilla Gothic 1 or 2 these days due to dated graphics. May be thats the reason.

I actually think Gothic 2 still looks pretty good even unmodded. I think it's just due to how good the art direction is. Gothic 1 looks pretty mundane now, but the texture patches make a significant difference.

Obvious as people have cotton for beards in Elex. It doesn't look like hair at all. I think that's why Jax is bald. Everyone should have been bald. Need to port the body textures from Conan Exiles into Elex.

I think it i s better.

It's not. Graphics is better, but there are still plenty low textures used (probably because the game needed to be ported onto rubbish hardware).

Interface is way worse, trashmobs are respawning and music is ignorable.

The interface is fine on the xbox controller, I dont mind the respawns because I have trophies 2 which give me a lot of items from them which i sell.

I think it i s better.

The interface is fine on the xbox controller
Fine to you. But does that mean better?
Gothic interface is superior. And not superior only on mushrooms unlike rubbish UI in Elex.

Back
Top Bottom