Alder's Blood - A Victorian Fantasy XCOM

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new Kickstarter has launched for a Victorian era inspired XCOM game called Alder's Blood.

Child of XCOM and Bloodborne that was raised by Darkest Dungeon.

Alder’s Blood, a fresh take on the tactial genre, which raises the tactical decisions of the player over the mere luck of RNG rolls.

Lead the group of legendary monster slayers in the dark, twisted remnants of civilization. Gear up, scout ahead and hunt throughout putrid forests, forsaken castles, corrupted hamlets and cursed coves. Battle feral monsters and the Darkness itself, the corrupting force of the entire land.

Platform PC

We consider Steam as a first platform we hit, then GOG. We do not deny other platforms in the future (PS4, Switch).

Features

• no RNG system in the base mechanics; forget all the missed shots fired just 1 meter in front of your enemy;
  • Darkness System can surprise you by changing the rules on the game in the middle of the fight;
  • Stamina System - fail miserably just by losing your breath during combat;
  • Senses System - monsters can hear and SMELL you! Beware of the wind;
  • Strategy - a second gameplay layer, where you can research new gear, craft items and prepare for the next encouter;
  • Boss fights - track down and face challenging enemies in storyline missions.
Gameplay

Alder's Blood is a 2D fuse of tactical and strategy game mixed with a few twists and fresh approach to the genre. We removed the RNG systems from core mechanics of the combat, as we believe that we can provide interesting and surprising experience without implementing the dice rolls.

More information.

I gave this one my support, because I'm a sucker for the setting, but it looks like its in trouble 5% in the first five days is nowhere near enough. They need to somehow get outside momentum to have a chance.

Backed it, the grim setting and tactical hexagon battles convinced me.

But a goal of $60k USD is way too much in those days for a newbie team. I would really know how they figured it out.

Backed it, the grim setting and tactical hexagon battles convinced me.

But a goal of $60k USD is way too much in those days for a newbie team. I would really know how they figured it out.
I don't think 60K is too much at all. If anything I'd say it's not nearly enough, considering how most KS projects run past the initial costs.

…But a goal of $60k USD is way too much in those days for a newbie team…

I agree $60K seems excessive when you think about what a competent developer can do on a shoestring budget.
Look at Super Tony Land, an old-school platformer + level editor with a tiny $5K Kickstarter that launched about a week ago. The pixelated art might be a little too old-school for most, but the game certainly looks fun. Imagine what they could do with a $60K budget.

I don't think 60K is too much at all. If anything I'd say it's not nearly enough, considering how most KS projects run past the initial costs.

It's too much to meet your goal on KS and still not enough to fund the development.

As developer, you cannot ask for realistic production budgets (you won't get it) while people rightfully criticize unrealistic budget plans which could result in delays or even complete project failures.

That's the paradox of video game crowdfunding.

It's too much to meet your goal on KS and still not enough to fund the development.

As developer, you cannot ask for realistic production budgets (you won't get it) while people rightfully criticize unrealistic budget plans which could result in delays or even complete project failures.

That's the paradox of video game crowdfunding.

Well it has the opposite effect on me. If I see the budget of $60K I nope out of it.

Back
Top Bottom