Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yea the question was vague; i meant what feat do i take. I wanted to take long bow (weapon) but that is not possible. btw that first bandit fight at the inn was hard - well hard to not have people die.

I'd keep her out of melee combat, so some ranged weapon? Crossbow or shortbow, depending on what she has chosen so far? You then also def need that feat to avoid the -4 penalty when firing into combat.

Are you on steam or gog?

GOG.

I paused it for several days, because the download slows down my internet access considerably, now I'm downloading the rest.

Yea the question was vague; i meant what feat do i take. I wanted to take long bow (weapon) but that is not possible. btw that first bandit fight at the inn was hard - well hard to not have people die.

For regular bows, you are limited to shortbows for halflings (I think). Still, with the right feats and a good bow (e.g. +N shocking short bow of blah) you can still do some damage. I can't remember if bards get sneak attack at all (at some point), but if not you can add a level or two of rogue to her - it's very easy to qualify sneak attack damage in Pathfinder (for ranged used to be within 30 ft attack on engaged foe, more or less...). So she can stay out of harms way...or she could do some bardic stuff to get her stats up too.

Has anybody been successful in finding the apprentice Sartayne in the capital? I've been over every pixel of the map, including the locations mentioned in discussions plus the interiors of the buildings. Seems to be buggy.

Has anybody been successful in finding the apprentice Sartayne in the capital? I've been over every pixel of the map, including the locations mentioned in discussions plus the interiors of the buildings. Seems to be buggy.

He should be near the Kanerah/Kalikke's house, east corner of the capital.

I'm continuing my adventure with Beneath the Stolen Lands. I'm on my 6th run - apparently, you can access the end boss when you collect 16 items off 4 mini bosses so I guess that's 16 separate runs (1 initial + 15 imports). I'm thinking of trying out different classes and builds after this run, getting a little bored of running the same team 6 times :p Anyone tried out something fun with the builds yet? I'm going to try out Mystic theurge and Slayer :D

So far I like it but i don't love it. The level progression is driving me mad with regards to what i should be doing and what i can. I'm level 6 or 7 now. The trolls at the dwarven home were easy enough but the king slaughtered my party so i guess i need 2 or 3 more levels. Every time i leave there is an event and i have to rush back to process the event which makes me hate the kingdom management - i never know how long i actually have till i must return before failing some important event. There are a few other things i really dislike (or find confusing) but somewhere there might be a decent game. Oh the frequent random event and tiredness when i travel is getting annoying. I don't mind a little bit of it but it happens way too frequently to be enjoyable esp given that the random encounters and constant camping are not useful or interesting events - they are the same old time waster over and over.

You can access the kingdom management system via the world map, you don't need to go back to the throne room unless there is someone waiting to see you. I'd say visitng the throne room 2-3 times a month is sufficient. As I pointed out in the review, you don't need to deal with every kingdom events, focus on problems and you can let opportunities to slip. For the travel fatigue/encumbrance, be sure to purchase (small) bag of holdings, they do make heaps of difference, and don't bother with trash loots since they add a lot of weight but don't worth a lot of money.

How do you deal with kingdom events on the world map? I see no method to do that; also the problem is that i constantly get fatigue because of distance travelled - i do not pick up trash and this system esp the stupid random encounters is just plain annoying. THe concept is ok but the frequency is miserable. horrible game.

You can access the kingdom management system via the world map, you don't need to go back to the throne room unless there is someone waiting to see you. I'd say visitng the throne room 2-3 times a month is sufficient. As I pointed out in the review, you don't need to deal with every kingdom events, focus on problems and you can let opportunities to slip. For the travel fatigue/encumbrance, be sure to purchase (small) bag of holdings, they do make heaps of difference, and don't bother with trash loots since they add a lot of weight but don't worth a lot of money.

There should be little kingdom icon on bottom right corner of your world map - click on it to access kingdom management system. Fatigue management gets better over time when you get strength and constitution increase from levelling up and magic items + bag of holdings. Rations weigh a lot so try not to carry more than 12-18 in early games - that's 2 to 3 rests where you can't hunt.

Well my kingdom was destroyed. No clue why - i did things as fast as I could but alas it is so - no more kingdom for myself. Guess one day i'll replay but seems kind of lame.

Well my kingdom was destroyed. No clue why - i did things as fast as I could but alas it is so - no more kingdom for myself. Guess one day i'll replay but seems kind of lame.

That's a shame. If you put the mouse over the kingdom status on top left it should give you short description of why kingdom status/mood deteriorates. Also, if you put kingdom difficulty to effortless, you don't get game over by kingdom crumbling (but will still get game over if you don't follow the story on time).

I have nothing in my top left corner. THere is a 'kingdom' buttom on the buttom right but it doesn't have a status. Btw part of the problem with the kingdom management buttom on the lower right is that it only works while in your kingdom which is very small at this point of the game so basically i have to spend days travelling back just to see my kingdom status.

That's a shame. If you put the mouse over the kingdom status on top left it should give you short description of why kingdom status/mood deteriorates. Also, if you put kingdom difficulty to effortless, you don't get game over by kingdom crumbling (but will still get game over if you don't follow the story on time).

I have nothing in my top left corner. THere is a 'kingdom' buttom on the buttom right but it doesn't have a status.

Put your mouse over thr kingdom mood/status text like worried/troubled/riotting/crumbling - it should show when the kingdom status deteriorated and why. I will take some screenshot tomorrow, not playing the main campaign at the moment (playing DLC #3).

I found it but it is only visible when i am in the throne room. Not sure what i will do at this point - i tried my oldest save and it is too new - think i have to start over - don't wnat ot make it invicible. I was in the middle of chapter 2 and level 8. Hum. Kind of hate starting over as it will be identical to what i already did - but at least i can redo my main character. I was playing a cleric but there are a couple of clerics in the game so maybe i'll try something else - but not sure what - as there is a good caster (octavia) good cleric (the dwarf); good whacker (armir); good buff (val) - maybe i'll be a sorcerer or a another whacker.

Put your mouse over thr kingdom mood/status text like worried/troubled/riotting/crumbling - it should show when the kingdom status deteriorated and why. I will take some screenshot tomorrow, not playing the main campaign at the moment (playing DLC #3).

In my first run I played as Crusader (cleric), then tried out Empyreal sorceress and now I'm playing ranger/vivisectionist/wizard/Eldritch Knight - all good fun. Paladin is great too but you will always have to choose LG responses. I quite like Inquisitor too, Jaethal is one but you can always try to build yours differently.

Back
Top Bottom