Black Geyser - Stretch Goals info and a Video

zpyWJ6n.jpg

I don't really think they want to show their game as an AAA, but as a 20$ game, it looks like a good deal.
That would still make it an expensive pizza.

The convoker? Oh god. Looking forward to seeing the transmancer, necroanter and abjmuter.

Too much weird and mangled use of English in this pitch for me.

Five seconds with google:

convoke

Borrowed from Middle French convoquer, from Latin convocare, from con- (“with”) + vocō (“to call”). Doublet of convocate.

1. (transitive) To convene, to cause to assemble for a meeting.
2. To call together.

convocation (countable and uncountable, plural convocations)

The act of calling or assembling by summons.

Dark Age of Camelot

Master Level: Convoker

The Convoker is a student of the ancient Atlantean artificers. He uses his gifts to conjure both items and creatures to aid him in his battles. He can create items that will aid in sieges by helping his allies or damaging his foes. The pets can aid him and his allies both with intelligence and a strong arm for battle.

Dungeon Crawl wiki

Ironbrand convokers are dangerous enemy support units which enhance the melee prowess of any monsters nearby, and will use their Word of Recall spell to call in reinforcements from elsewhere on the floor. They can be found in the Vaults and in the Desolation of Salt.

Final Fantasy VII Trophies

Transcendant Convoker: Obtain the Master Summon Materia

It states weird.

People these days have a very high demand for conformism. They fear dropping out of their group. This goes with being disturbed as soon as elements of language are foreign to their group.

Convoker is obviously one of these terms that unsettle those highly conformistic people. It is weird to them as in their group, they will not think of using that term.

Five seconds with google:

My bad, I guess I am too accustomed to AD&D terminology. I stand by what I say about the past work of BWL, but hopefully they have enough other people on board to supply quality writing.

Actual gameplay footage? Then I somehow missed it.

Yes, gameplay footage. They showed inventory and other stuff including brewing. Throwing was in another video or gif I think.

It could indeed be exciting. Check the Pathfinder game.

It doesnt matter if Pathfinder has wonderfull resting feature that makes players themselves go to bed. :) In Geyser its probably not exciting. And its ok.

If they don't have many then they should show some of what they have.

What do you mean by "they should show some of what they have"? Didnt they already do it? Should they show all enemies they have or what?

The KS including the updates didn't actually help convincing potential backers that the game indeed just needs to cross the finish line.

KS clearly convinced enough ppl. But I agree that updates could be much better.

QUOTE: The engine (a tailored, extended version of Unity) and the most important features of the game are already finished.
Most of the game content is also done.

Devil lies in details. "Most" can mean around 60% and that is actually far from finished or advanced state that could be shown. They can have most important features finished but it suggests that some (or many) are not. So… It seems this debate is based on your and other ppl's misunderstanding. Maybe they should use different words.

Devil lies in details. "Most" can mean around 60% and that is actually far from finished or advanced state that could be shown. They can have most important features finished but it suggests that some (or many) are not. So… It seems this debate is based on your and other ppl's misunderstanding. Maybe they should use different words.

Yes, sometimes the Devil gets into the details, and tries to convince us they mean something other than they do. :p

The word "most" can mean "a majority", or "nearly all" depending on the context. If you say that most of the work is done, or is mostly complete, the clear implication is "nearly all".

If we were in any doubt, the dev clarified for us:

"Fortunately, the game is much more than just presentable. It's almost finished."

Trying to present what they said as something different really is a reach.

Back
Top Bottom