Name your all time top five favourite songs, please

Alright, well, I was thinking something like

Crocodile Rock - Elton John
Get Around - Beach Boys
Helter Skelter - Beatles
Sheep - Pink Floyd
Miss You - Rolling Stones
Still Rock And Roll - Billy Idol?

But you've heard all those and they're more from my parents era so I think I'm gonna go more 90's with it. Enjoy!

Seeing "BlueScreen - Forever" gives me bad dreams! The music is nice, though. There's something familiar about the singer's voice but, when I try to Google up the band, I just get a bunch of Windows crash screen references!
I don't think Delphine has been in any other bands, although those few of you deep in the scene might recognize the bass player, Rob Lambke, from his prior gig.

Of them all, I'd have to say Love Spirals Downwards' "Stir About the Stars" is the one that stood out to me most. I adore the genre of darkwave. Bluescreen's "Forever" was also wonderful.

I'll be interested in looking more into them all, though. As zloth stated, some are a more difficult to find on Google than others.
I really don't want to crosstopicbane the thread, so how about I continue this over in the currently listening thread?

As far as favourite Faith No More albums go, I've been in a virtual tie between Angel Dust and King for a Day for over twenty years. I just decided that they are both worthy and awesome!

I don't think Delphine has been in any other bands, although those few of you deep in the scene might recognize the bass player, Rob Lambke, from his prior gig.
Ah. I couldn't place it at the time but something about her voice made me think of Natalie Merchant. Still does, actually, though now that I know what I was thinking of they clearly aren't the same person.

As others have said, this is a really difficult task. I'd be hard pushed to maintain a consistent 5 best per year, let alone a century or so, however, I'll stick up a few tracks on the off chance no-ones heard them before. I'll do one per decade'ish/era'ish for starters:

1960s:

1970s:

1980s:

1990s:

(technically Nov 1989) ^

2000s:

2010s:

Yes, you’re right! (My, for a moment) I forgot your wonderful #42!

Last edited:
Haha you are quick!

Btw the post above, my previous one, was meant to be an edit. Something went wrong. :)

Interestingly, I've now searched the link you gave of the massive official list & eight out of the twelve I posted are already on the list. The ones that weren't were the Travelling Wilburys, Goldfrapp & Sophie Ellis Bexter. Portishead was on there but with a different song. Not bad for a random pull of names out of a hat.

Back
Top Bottom