Elex New info about ELEX

September is looking more and more like the month I need to have my vacation in ;)

Did you follow the link, dude? There is a picture with all the contents included :) .

As for respawns, well, there won't be classic leave-an-area-and-enemies-reappear respawns but there will be PB's usual chapter respawns, of course, so the world won't become too empty.

Dude, what link, I don't have time for different links.

Respawns in all PB games are done right. Trashmobs in a cleared area appear only on "chapter" progress (in other games it could be done per main story quest milestones). The thing is those new trashmobs are not the same ol' bears, but some new stuff that'd be nearimpossible to kill on low level. Once you kill them, they stay dead.

These new trashmobs just like previous ones don't levelscale, why would they - because of fixed XP where a developer knows what max level a player can get before repopulating the world with new trashmobs, there is no need to levelscale anything.
But hell it's hard and too much of work for other devs. Why would they "waste time" on balancing the game, setting trashmobs to revive constantly and levelscale is one day's work. It's cheap and it still sells, not to mention such products tend to get goty awards everywhere.
Thnaks to critics who praised lazy bones, things got even worse. Now even grind doesn't sell as much as it did. Instead, lazyarse develop in a couple of days pay2win phonegames sell.

Whatever, I don't (can't) speak German so I have to wait. For available preorder ofc.

Even when a game doesn't abuse respawns, joxer makes room for the usual tirade about it ;)

Sure, when I'm pointing on praising lazyness over hard work, that's a tirade.
Wait. But I actually wasn't trying to poke someone here at the right spot.

ELEX is shaping up very nicely. I like the varied environments. The only thing i have a question about is the jetpack. It looks like it would make combat much easier. Just fly around until you regain all of your health, and then re-enter combat. Other than that, it is looking really good.

Not happy if both this and D:OS 2 come out in Sept; there's only so many hours in a day!! :)

Just fly around until you regain all of your health, and then re-enter combat.
Every play City of Heroes? Every character looking to fly some day got Hover which let them do that. And the devs, knowing players would do this, made sure every enemy in the game had some sort of ranged attack. I'm sure PB will do the same. I expect wild boars will be able to leap 10m up even on a bad day.

Not happy if both this and D:OS 2 come out in Sept; there's only so many hours in a day!! :)
But you're retired! What are you doing with those free hours of yours!
Erm, I mean: !!

I dream of smoking pot all day long when I get there, but let's be reasonable, that'd be boring - it'd be basically grinding. So drop whatever you're grinding as a hobby now and turn on the machine already. ;)

80 hours to explore everything?
That game must be shorter than Gothic 1 then.

Oops, okay, they estimate doing only "some" not all.

Elex-PC-Games-Screenshots-008-pc-games.jpg

Sold! Though that dancer seems a little too '"censored" for my tastes. :biggrin:

This is becoming more like Fallout 3!

Is that a good thing? :p

Back
Top Bottom