Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Black Myth Wukong Dev Apologizes & Points Out Flaws

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - 10 Things You Need To Know Before You Buy

Of all the games to see a revival this year, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was probably one of the least likely. Originally developed by Big Huge Games and 38 Studios and released in 2012, messy circumstances left it in limbo. Even with THQ Nordic purchasing the rights in September 2018, Electronic Arts still had the publishing rights and it was unclear whether the game would ever return.
Diablo 2, Torchlight Developers Share Stories from Blizzard's Past

Our guests this month are Echtra Games's Max Schaefer and Matt Uelmen, both former Blizzard North developers and co-creators of Diablo and Diablo 2 as well as the Torchlight series. The duo shares stories about Diablo 2 in celebration of its 20th anniversary while also discussing how Diablo has helped them make their new game, Torchlight III, the best action-RPG it can be.

Guild Wars 2 is coming to Steam in November - RPGSite
ArenaNet announced that Guild Wars 2 is coming to Steam in November 2020, which includes the game's two expansions and Living World content. Players playing through Steam or the existing Guild Wars 2 launcher will be able to play together (though the NA and EU servers are separate), however, you cannot transfer accounts between the two launchers. So, the Steam release is largely geared towards new players.
Battle Brothers: Blazing Deserts Review - Turn Based Lovers
I consider Battle Brothers to be a great game, but one I was no longer actively enthusiastic about. I would play for a bit whenever a new DLC was released, but would eventually grow bored and move on to something else. I was competent with the game but it was never something I was driven to master like I’ve done with some other turn based tactical RPGs. I expected this would be the same with Blazing Deserts, but I was wrong. I am actually not quite sure what it is about this expansion that changed things. Perhaps it was the retinue’s customization options. Maybe it was the fact that they expanded dimensions of content that they had not touched since the game was originally released. Perhaps just the total sum of options available with the expansion was enough to make me fall in love with the game all over again. Whatever it is, this DLC has reinvigorated my passion for the game and my intention is to finally master the game, to really understand what makes it tick, and to understand it at a level that indicates expertise. I consider Blazing Deserts a must-have for any Battle Brothers player, and suggest each and every one gets it as their time and finances allow.
SKALD: Against the Black Priory - Beta 1.1.2 is out
I just uploaded a new version of the BETA to Itch.io.

This one is a minor update and mostly consists of fixes that have been made in response to BETA 1.1.0 feedback. In other words, there is no new content in the demo but I still very much appreciate all and any playtesting!

That being said, a larger, meatier demo is not far off for you backers (and the press) so just stay posted! As a short aside, have a look at this vintage SKALD GIF compared to the new one - I love seeing how far the game has come!

Broken Roads Pre-Alpha showreel for Gamescom 2020

We're very proud to share the progress made on Broken Roads this year, so we've put together this edit of per-alpha footage for our showing at gamescom 2020 to tie in with launching our Steam
Gamescom x IGN x Solasta Get ready for a big reveal! - Website Update
Make sure you tune in to IGN following the Gamescom Opening Night Live on Thursday 27th, around 1 pm - 2 pm PDT/ 4 pm - 5 pm EDT / 10 pm - 11 pm CEST. What is this all about? We sure don't want to spoil the surprise, but you'll see!

Did you think we were just going to dump an announcement and vanish from Gamescom? No no no, Tactical Adventures will be here during the entirety of Gamescom, with plenty of events for you! Of course, feel free to drop by our Discord server during Gamescom, we'll likely be around to chat.

For those who didn't have a chance to play it yet, Solasta's Steam Summer Festival Demo will be up again from Thursday 27th to Monday 31st. Make sure to grab it while it's available!​

Soooo… turn based mode was implemented to dumb-down the game for a console port.

Disclaimer: I am kidding.
Don't say that man I joked about that already and look at the responses.:lol:

Seriously though the man states it was implemented because of consoles and game-pads in the update. It's the damn truth right out of the horses mouth and all that.:cool:

Broken Roads Pre-Alpha showreel for Gamescom 2020

Thanks for posting! Broken Roads had completely slipped off my radar for some reason, but it looks pretty good in that video.

It's in German you wouldn't understand.

I would ! :D

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

Snippets from browsing through the video :

- inspired by Ultimas, Realms Of Arcania, and older, even.

- No real surprises with combat "one can see the enemy", "the only real surprise at camping"

- "survival elements" : having to carry food and clothing etc. when going into different climate zones [reminds me of the Realms Of Arcania series]

- hexagon based, turn-based combat

- lots of details

- important which party members talk to the NPC ! - Each party member can become the party leader for that [apparingly only the party leader talks to NPCs …]

Phoenix Point: Legacy of the Ancients DLC Released - Epic Games Store

Explore ancient ruins for precursor knowledge, and use it to unlock a whole new line of Phoenix Point weapons and technologies. But beware: you won't be the only one seeking to control this ancient knowledge. New rivals will rise up as the legacy of the ancients is revealed to humanity. Launched on Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
How 6 Months of COVID-19 Quarantine Affected Life at Supergiant Games

Using interviews filmed between March and August of 2020 we take a follow the team at Supergiant Games as they react to the initial COVID-19 outbreak, the challenge of working from home, and the mental toll of isolation during quarantine.
Shacknews Wasteland 3 Video Review

Wasteland 3 Time Capsule Challenge - inxile
Many years ago, in a time long-forgotten, when we still worked from places called "offices", we devised a scheme. A scheme to hold a contest within the grand state of Colorado that would send our fans forth into its wilds to dig up random locations to find a time capsule. Within that time capsule we would somehow fit collectible items like a signed piece of Wasteland art, and a signed Wasteland 3 Collector’s Edition.

However, when putting this scheme into action a few realizations set in. 1. Law enforcement and state laws don’t mesh well with the whole “go dig up people’s property” idea, 2. This wasn’t a very globally-friendly idea (or even other-states-in-the-U.S. idea), 3. The winner being only the first person to find it felt pretty limited, 4. We now find ourselves in a situation where sending people to physical locations for prizes may be putting them at undue risk, and 5. That's going to be a real big time capsule.

So, what’s a plucky gang of game developers to do? Brainstorm! So after putting our best brain cells to work we fixed it up to what we think is actually a much better and cooler idea. We’ve brought the time capsule hunt in-game!
Wasteland 3 - Character Customization Overview - Xbox Wire
In Wasteland 3, a journey of (at least) 80 hours begins with a single… character select screen. This isn’t an exaggeration; as soon as you start a new game and watch the opening cinematic, you’re immediately staring at Yuri and Spence, two of the pre-rolled Rangers you can start your adventure with.

This is a big decision, as you’ll be spending dozens upon dozens of hours with these characters. So as someone who’s been taking these pre-built characters out for a spin, as well as rolling a few of my own, here’s what I’ve learned.

The pre-rolls are safe picks, and there’s no harm in choosing from them. Looking at the myraid traits and abilities, you may not know what these elements are (especially more esoteric stuff like “Weird Science”). So even if you think you want to run with a pre-roll duo, it’s worth poking around the character creator just to learn more about different Attributes, Skills, and Quirks, so you can optimize these characters as they level up.

Last edited:
Scarlet Nexus Official Gamescom 2020 Gameplay Trailer

In a far distant future, a psionic hormone was discovered in the human brain, granting people extra-sensory powers and changing the world as we know it.

Just as humanity was entering this new era, deranged mutants known as Others began to descend from the sky with a thirst for human brains. Highly resistant to conventional attack methods, extreme measures needed to be taken to battle the overwhelming threat and preserve humanity.
Dragon Age 4 Gamescom 2020 Behind the Scenes Teaser

BioWare gives fans a behind the scenes first look at Dragon Age 4.
Godfall Official Hinterclaw Teaser Trailer

Check out the latest trailer for Godfall, coming to PlayStation 5 and PC in 2020. Power taken is power deserved. Ascend to worthiness with Hinterclaw.

Last edited:
Wasteland 3 Gamescom 2020 Trailer

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Gamescom 2020 Trailer

Last edited:
Godfall Gamescom 2020 Developer Gameplay Interview

New Godfall gamplay revealed alongside our interview with Director of CounterPlay Games, Keith Lee, who goes in depth on Valor Plates and how they can cater to various play styles. As well as how to craft them. Lee also explains the inspiration for Valor Plates which ranges from The Stormlight Archive to Marvel comics to medieval armor.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Gamescom 2020 Official Trailer

Pray for some natural D20 rolls as you face off against the terrifying Sorak enemies in this quick trailer for Solasta: Crown of the Magister.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood Gamescom 2020Cinematic Trailer

Check out the latest cinematic trailer for Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood, an RPG based on the Werewolf: The Apocalypse tabletop series, developed by Cyanide Studio.

Scarlet Nexus Gamescom 2020 IGN First-Look

We got our first proper look at gameplay from Scarlet Nexus, the stylish, flashy, and edgy action-RPG for Xbox Series X that features some beautifully grotesque enemy designs.
Outriders Hands-On: Mass Effect Meets Diablo

Our latest hands-on with Outriders revealed People Can Fly's action-RPG and story ambitions for the game.
OUTRIDERS Gamescom 2020 Cinematic Trailer

The Stone of Madness Gamescom 2020 Official Trailer

The Stones of Madness is a real-time tactical game in which you're a prisoner in a monastery. Your job is to recruit a team of inmates and work together to escape.
Genshin Impact Gamescom 2020 Official Trailer

Contains Spoiler! The Free-to-Play JRPG Genshin Impact is nearing closer and closer to its launch on September 28. Check out the latest trailer that gives a little taste of the brother/sister tale at the heart of the plot.

Thanks for all the cool updates and vids @Couchpotato; !

The Waylanders - Official Gameplay Overview

Developed by many of the minds behind Pillars of Eternity, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, The Waylanders is a party based cRPG inspired by games like Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age Origin. Check out this trailer, which features Fernando Prieto of Gato Studios, walking you through the Medieval Era, and how it differs from what is currently in the Early Access version.
Morbid: The Seven Acolytes - Official Trailer

Morbid: The Seven Acolytes is a Souls-like game that mixes a horror-punk setting with action-RPG gameplay.
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin: The First 9 Minutes

Check out the first minutes of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which combines side-scrolling action with deep crafting and farming simulation, debuted during gamescom 2020 presented by IGN.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - Official Trailer

Check out the latest trailer for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning for Finesse. Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning launches on September 8, 2020 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
ANNO Mutationem - Gameplay Walkthrough

Check out nearly 7 minutes of cyberpunk inspired gameplay from ANNO Mutationem, an action adventure game with RPG elements and a striking 2D/3D art style, developed by Thinking Stars.
Project Haven - Gameplay Walkthrough

Joana Dimas and Sergio Gil from Foresight Games walk you through the gameplay loop of their tactical turn based strategy game, Project Haven. Get the low-down on base management, combat, differing play styles, and more.
Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms Gamescom 2020 Gameplay Trailer

A new trailer for Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms has premiered at gamescom. The trailer focuses on exploration and lets you take a peek into the stunning world of Alaloth. Watch the video now!

Last one for the day Gamescom 2020 continues tomorrow.:)

@crpgnut got a new ARPG Co-op survival game.

Gatewalkers Gamescom 2020 Gameplay Walkthrough

Here are the five key gameplay features of Gatewalkers, a cooperative survival game with action RPG elements.

I keep forgetting about some of the games meant to come out that I have an interest in. Hopefully they will all see the light of my monitor ;)

Back
Top Bottom