The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Much as I like my Arti, I wonder if my level 20 Druid (previous alts) would be a better fit and more useful at the epic level? Thoughts!! :)

Since epics aren't as bound by levels as heroics are, why not switch based on need? If I'm out, the group will need your Artificer more, whereas the Druid brings better healing and earthquake when I'm around (I have Greater elemental weapons, so we'll still have a weapon buff). I may well do the same if you're in on your arty; let you do the traps while I switch to Aerie to try and get her to 30 finally.

If you have at least one character before this overhaul that has fully capped all of their Epic Destinies, you will receive an exclusive Cloak featuring the now-deprecated Starmap to commemorate your achievement.

Uh. Another exclusive to brag with. "Tell me what your character wears, and I'll tell you how long you've been playing DDO."

Personally, I liked the star map more (I very briefly tried it out on Lamannia several months ago).

3d) Alrik, we won't be doing the content to get a key this life. This could pose a problem for you if you can't get to Eveningstar. Up to you how you want to deal with that. You could TR one of your toons that has a key instead of running the bard (you could bring a TR around as a bard if you still wanted to run that class). You could spend money to get the Hall of Heroes so you could jump across that way. You could solo out a key when the time comes (This would be extremely challenging, but it technically is an option). Totally up to you, but plan ahead.

It's okay, I think I'll find a way. And yes, indeed, I need to plan ahead.

However, I usually use the Eveningstar Cave rather with all of my other toons around that level anyway, so I don't see such a big problem there. I just need to get through the Spinner chain, and from there on, I can just use a fast horse through that Harbour entrance. The portal in the Eveningstar Cave itself even lets me arrive at the guild ship.

Last edited:
I will be out Friday, have a wedding to go to.

:lol:

"… Want a REAL challenge ?"

Corwin, it's your time again ... to restitute your self as the guild's leader again. you know, that usual "leadership" mumbo-jumbo.

And, besides, is that your tome and hair colouring in the chest in the Cargo Hold ?

Well, might be here Friday afterall, will not know til Friday.

I will be out Friday, have a wedding to go to.
Does your husband know you're getting married? Is he invited?
Well, might be here Friday afterall, will not know til Friday.
Ah, so he found out but is still debating his position...

Corwin, it's your time again … to restitute your self as the guild's leader again. you know, that usual "leadership" mumbo-jumbo.

And, besides, is that your tome and hair colouring in the chest in the Cargo Hold ?
All hair dye becomes property of CM. ALL of it.

At best, I'm very late like previous weeks. More likely, I'm just plain out tomorrow.

I would encourage the group to help Corwin's new main along to lvl4.5 as well as anyone else (JM) that might not have had the time to get there. Finishing the Keep (he needed the 3 caves on the right (Waterfall, Temple of Chaos, and the one next to Temple) last I knew) plus the Harbor 2's should about do the trick, with maybe a dabble in Waterworks. Just DO NOT start Saltmarsh or the Gatekeeper 3's.

Might have a slow connection tomorrow; modem is playing up and my ISP is sending me out a replacement. Still works, but at a slower/back up speed.

Since we're giving out warnings, I'm supposed to have storms tomorrow. So I may lose power/internet at some point. Not much different from a normal Friday, where I stand to lose either due to the drunks who routinely drive around out here.

I will be here as it turns out. Jo said she will have to join us at level 10 as she had no one to bring back around but does have one sitting at 10.

I dropped earlier, so my Bard has gained no xp last night (intentional).
Stormhorns were fun, but we didn't see the White Dragon.

I did 3/5 if the Tethyamar quest line yesterday night (local time).
I kind of liked it. It has a definitive spooky element to it. Very much recommended for Helloween !

I also kind of recomend it for future runs. It's quite straightforward, mostly dungeons, but not too long ones, level 15 ( ! ) , and no bigger puzzles apart from mirrors in the 3rd quest ( I haven't played the last 2 quests so far, but plan to do so this day).
The 3rd quest is more complex than the first 2 ones.

There is, however, 1 optional in the 2nd quest I recommend to avoid : A magma creature sitting at the end of a lava pool, in which "platforms" float up, remain there for a few seconds, then dissolve again. This requires very STRONG jump & run abilities, so I don't recomment it ( I just cbarely made it ), or of you try to do it, then take the strongest fire protection you can get !

I don't know about the xp rate of the chain.

The chain gives Harper favour, but I'd rather hoped it'd give PDK favour.

Problem is, Tethymar launches out of Eveningstar. You never have a key since the Spinner chain is lvl16. Since you can't get there, I can't put that chain on the schedule.

Back
Top Bottom