Does anyone play TeamFight Tactics (TFT) ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
I've been getting very much into this game. It's an autobattler, you essentially pick units and build the best composition to beat opponents online.

I used to play a bit, but I have had more random 1/2 hour sessions to put into gaming which isn't enough to do full RPGs for which I like to immerse myself for at least 3 hours usually.

Anyone else playing this ?

I mingled with it a little bit when it released, but it got old quickly, basically, everyone just googled the best meta champions/items and went for that.

It's a little fun game tho, and you can have a nice cute plushie as avatar. :)

I mingled with it a little bit when it released, but it got old quickly, basically, everyone just googled the best meta champions/items and went for that.

It's a little fun game tho, and you can have a nice cute plushie as avatar. :)

Oh, the game isn't as simple as googling the comp if you are higher up in ranked games.

Well, I got to Diamond in the first season, but I imagine people didn't really know what they were doing back then. I don't remember a lot of it, but I think I used to make almost always a comp based around Shyvana getting huge and killing the whole enemy team.

Haven't played ever since though, I did see everything has changed pretty much.

Well, I got to Diamond in the first season, but I imagine people didn't really know what they were doing back then. I don't remember a lot of it, but I think I used to make almost always a comp based around Shyvana getting huge and killing the whole enemy team.

Haven't played ever since though, I did see everything has changed pretty much.
You must be a better player than I am then if its so easy for you :D

I'd like to think I have a knack for tactical games (Why I prefer games that are TB and have challenging difficulties I guess? :p) but no, I don't think I'm great, I just no-lifed a bit back then and got very good at getting the most out of the same comp every game.

I attached my game history. If you look closely, last season I played for a bit, I had no clue of the meta or what I was doing, and dropped it after a few games (after ranking as "Iron 2" - couldn't get much worse!).

IHW8zWE

https://imgur.com/IHW8zWE

I'd like to think I have a knack for tactical games (Why I prefer games that are TB and have challenging difficulties I guess? :p) but no, I don't think I'm great, I just no-lifed a bit back then and got very good at getting the most out of the same comp every game.

I attached my game history. If you look closely, last season I played for a bit, I had no clue of the meta or what I was doing, and dropped it after a few games (after ranking as "Iron 2" - couldn't get much worse!).

IHW8zWE

https://imgur.com/IHW8zWE
Hahaha.

I'm the same to be honest in terms of Tb games. I much prefer those than real time because I'm slow as a snail.

I was doing OK in league of legends but unless I played every day I couldn't get higher than silver, because I'm just slow.

I peaked in gold.

Tft is better for me as its not twitchy. The only times that speed matters if I have to pivot to another comp quickly.

I was mostly gold until recently where I did a bit more reading and looking into it as well as playing more. Finally got to platinum. Go me.

Not that I care too much about rankings, but I had to play on another account because a friend of mine is lower ranked so couldn't play with him. It is odd how easily I moved back into gold 1, when he couldn't get past silver 4.

Shows how people claiming they're in elo hell are just not as good as they think they are.

Well, elo hell exists for every player, no matter how good they are. When their elo gets tanked because of the way the system works, and they lose the same or more points per defeat as they earn per victory, then they are in elo hell, because they have reached a point where winning half the games won't get them any higher than they are.

And no player, no matter how good they are, is impactful enough to win more than 50-55% of the games when they are at the elo where they belong, cus in the enemy teams there are players who also are as good as them. So you'll see better players saying that D4 is elo hell and worse players saying that bronze1 is elohell, but in the end it means the same "I stopped being good enough to carry my team and when I can't carry, there is a good chance I lose".

Back
Top Bottom