Regalia - Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
With the release of the Royal Edition some new reviews for Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs are out:

• PushSquare: Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - Royal Edition Review - PS4 -
    Score: 7/10
  • GameSpew: Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs Review: Rebuilding a Kingdom is a Funny ol’ Business -
    Score: 70%
  • GameSpace: Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs: Royal Edition review -
    Score: 8.5/10
  • RPG Site: Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs Review -
    Score: 7/10
More information.

Since this game runs on linux I've been playing it when I travel. Currently preparing for the final battle (should be able to finish it my next trip). It is not a bad game. I like the diversity in the characters and their combat abilities. The story is mostly predictable (one small surprise) but it is (imho) well presented even if cheesy. I didn't read the above reviews but I'm not sure if this is the sort of game that would do well on console. Mind you it is not the best game ever but it is fine for what it is and is priced as it should be (on pc). Definitly not aaa but a good effort for a small indie company.

I would agree with the ratings given in the top post, certainly an above average game, and well worth playing. I've been wondering since finishing if there might be more content or perhaps a sequel forthcoming at some time.

I didn't read the above reviews but I'm not sure if this is the sort of game that would do well on console.
Console audience would hate it. Normal is hard. Was on release at least.
You can't put something like that on consoles - they need to be able to grind souls and sing to others that bosses are hard.

I loved Regalia on PC.

I wouldn't say Regalia was difficult, though you certainly couldn't be too cocky at times. I found it to be pretty well balanced, there are a few characters from that game that I will never forget.

So, I got an update for this game today, but not a key for the new content as of yet. This was the message I received:

Hello everyone!

We are excited to announce that the second DLC pack for Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs will be available later today!

A lot of exciting content awaits you in Paragons and Pajamas including new playable characters, new story beats, and more. Here's a complete list of new stuff to experience:

- A new playable character - Quinn. Aligned with Armelisse and sent by the Duchess herself to oversee Kay's progress, she is a tanky warrior capable of withstanding a lot of damage, taunting enemies and manipulating shields around the battlefield. - A new playable duo of characters

- Yusuf & Berius. Superficially aligned with Minwe, but their quest for knowledge rises above borders. They are our most unique combat characters yet, with mechanics centered around sleeping (!), genie summoning, and area denial.

- A new pair of diplomacy factions to interact with - the Merchant Princedoms of Minwe and the Duchy of Armelisse. They come complete with new diplomacy missives and rewards.

- Two new personal bonds to pursue - one for each of the new characters. - New weapons to find and craft.

- New cutscenes with new voiced lines.

In addition to the DLC, we are also deploying a new major new feature which is available to everyone for free:

- New RNG system - say goodbye to the frustratingly long chains of misses. The new mechanic tracks your dice rolls and adjusts them slightly if you keep rolling below average results. This should result in a much more consistent, smooth, and ultimately less tedious battles.

Finally, there's a couple of small bugfixes and balancing passes for the base game, including the final fix for Esther's bugged personal quest requirement.

Note: this DLC is free to our backers. Keys will be sent out very soon, pay attention to your inboxes!

Looks like anyone that supported the kick starter got this extra content for free, I saw an update hit when I fired up steam this morning. I assume at some point I'll get a key and then I'll be able to check it out.

I did get a key this morning for the additional content, but as I played this rather recently, I'll incorporate it on my next play-through. Anyone else that backed this project should have gotten a key as well.

Back
Top Bottom