Age of Decadence - December Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Iron Tower Studio's has posted a new development update for Age of Decadence.

AoD December update

Our first 45 days on Steam. It’s an important milestone because it’s our first release on a major portal, outside the safety of dedicated RPG sites. I wasn’t sure how well the game would be received by a wider audience and whether or not they would enjoy it or reject it outright.

So far the reception’s been very and surprisingly positive, so we spent less time in the trenches dealing with complaints and more time processing feedback and planning updates. We’re aiming to update the game every month, which means that we have to work on the rest of the game while simultaneously improving the early access areas and making everything better and then much better.

Overall, the feedback can be summed up as “More!” which is encouraging. Namely, more quests (especially non-combat quests for loremasters, thieves, and grifters) and more characters to talk to in general. In fact, more characters to talk to (and more worldbuilding) is request #1.

We agree, of course, that Maadoran should have a lot more content and be a busy city with history and secrets and we’ll do our best to deliver, one update at a time

The January update will feature:

- Achievements so that we can see how people play the game, what they do, and how far they get
- A little adventure for loremasters, a storyteller at the local inn, and a caravan master.
- Quest tweaks – now you can loot the Crimson Eye artefact from Gaelius’ body or get it from Serenas, if you manage to convince him that he shouldn’t fear magic. This will open the tower of Zamedi to assassins, thieves, and praetors.
- The healing machine placeholder has finally been replaced with the real thing; our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Training from Kemnebi and Erebus.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements

And finally some trivia:

We sold 1,200 copies in 2 weeks (since the last update), which isn’t bad, considering all the Christmas and New Year sales – many thanks for the support.

7,194 people downloaded the demo and 549 people bought the game after – 7.6% conversion rate
More information.

i have played 3 arch types but the amount of things to do is a bit underwelming. I will wait a month or 3 till i give it another play. So far the assassin has been the most fun for me. What about you guys?

I loved the Praetor questline. Great balance between combat/non-combat options.

!

I loved the Praetor questline. Great balance between combat/non-combat options.[/QUOTE

I wonder if it is the only really fun one. I am infering a lot when I read the various blogs and updates.. but I get that while there is alot of dialogue options with the various archetypes, some are just choose your adventure style-- and how much fun can it be if you ultimately don't have some unique fun ways to experience combat with that archetype. Otherwise, it is just and adventure game right? (I guess it is still an RPG)

The other thing that would be interesting is how many who download the demo and install it and play it end up buying it. I am one who just has not been compelled to install and play it yet because of the sale's and backlog producing ooh Shiney's! I have picked up.

Back
Top Bottom