Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Enhanced Edition Next Week

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you recall from a while back some members of the Gothic 3 Community Patch Team formed a company called Mad Vulture Games and were hired by JoWood to help with an official Enhanced Edition of Forsaken Gods (original news). The updates are now done and will be released next week as a patch for all existing versions, or you'll be able to buy Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition on Steam, according to their site:
All work is done, everything’s ready, just a few checks are left, and some preparations to be done.
But finally, the Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition will be available to you next week!
Next to the patch version which will update all available versions of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods to the Enhanced Edition you will also be able to buy your own copy of your Enhanced Edition via Steam. Languages supported will be English, German, French*, Italian* and Spanish*.
More information.

So, does that mean Forsaken Gods would be worth playing now? I browsed through the changelog, it's mostly the sort of fixes found in the last community patch for G3 (balance/gameplay-wise). If I was jaunting for a Gothic fix, should I play this or vanilla G3? :)

i'll play it... gotta finish them all :|
Arcania here I come!

By the way, German adventure games related news site "Adventure Corner" reports that a close of JoWood is something that could happen at any time : According to an Austrian economy newspaper/magazine, they couldn't find a new investor (or, to be more specific, the article says that an investor couldn't bring in the needed money).
Source : http://www.wirtschaftsblatt.at/arch...r-in-letzter-sekunde-geplatzt-463725/index.do

Cool, I bought the expansion on gogamer.com for like $2 during a sale exactly for this reason. I expected the community patch from Gothic 3 would repeat itself and I am happy to hear it's really coming out.

I'm in no hurry to try this, but if people around here recommends it, I will most likely pick it up at some point.

JoWood? Anything connected to it, please, keep it miles away from me. No way I'll risk my time on them again.

This has little to do with Jowood guys, it's the team that patched Gothic 3 and they did a great job at that.

Regardless who did the patch, I doubt it could alter that piece of crap enough for me to give it another try.

FG was a poor game at its very core. All the bugfixes and tweaks in the world aren't going to make it a good game.

Still, I give props to the guys who care enough about the series to put that kind of work into it.

If you already own the steam version do you get the patch automagically or is this a new product ?

No, you will not have to repurchase the game, if that's what you're asking.

Next to the patch version which will update all available versions of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods to the Enhanced Edition you will also be able to buy your own copy of your Enhanced Edition via Steam.

I finished Fosaken Gods today. It wasn't as bad or buggy as I thought it's going to be, it was like you are playing Gothic 3 with another set of (inferior ) quests. I recommend it only to people who are fanatic and forgiving Gothic fans who couldn't get enough of Gothic 3, but still, don't want to play it all over again.

I know I will at least load this up ... because the absolute SUCK of the original was clear and unwavering from the opening cutscene and never abated! If it is a solid update you will know within 15 minutes tops.

While you can exploit the console to bypass some of the worst issues with Forsaken Gods, and use .ini tweaks to fix some of it's engine problems, it's still a horrible game storywise. Gothic 3 had a really satisfying and epic story that made up for the issues of the game, FG destroys it.

Pretty awesome sale on this stuff at Steam. $18.75 USD for the whole Gothic shebang. Think I'm going to pass on Arcania and get all the others for $8.25.

Back
Top Bottom