Bard's Tale IV - Early Alpha Video - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bard's Tale IV - Early Alpha Video

Default Bard's Tale IV - Early Alpha Video

March 22nd, 2018, 21:35
is thig guy some kind of mentally handicapped ?

turian

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 22nd, 2018, 21:45
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Looking at that wretched humanoid on top right was really off putting, also listening to his sewage-ratty voice. WATCH THIS Creep-free GAMEPLAY VIDEO INSTEAD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTIcXLPgWs

Nice graphics, but horribly messed up GUI design. Wrong use of space everywhere, resulting in ridiculously cramped Text Areas. UGLY BAD COMBAT DESIGN. Looks like this was designed by lobotomized Alzheimers patients.

Another sign of the _Wi-fi / mobile phone irradiation_ caused --> progressively creeping BRAIN DEATH in the gaming industry.
Sometimes the people here just come across as dicks. To rag on the person and his voice and then post "creep free" is just being an asshole. I like this community a fair bit - but not the people who go out of their way to be "crusty" and act like they are superior. Get a life.

revjwh

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

March 22nd, 2018, 21:46
@turian: At least he's not a douche like you…..

revjwh

Watcher

March 22nd, 2018, 22:57
How did this guy get access to the pre-alpha? It's not like he can even figure out how to play… the first door puzzle I had figured out as soon as the first gear started spinning…. jeez… let me demo the game… I actually play games…..

Luethar

Watcher
RPGWatch Donor

March 23rd, 2018, 01:49
Originally Posted by Luethar View Post
How did this guy get access to the pre-alpha? It's not like he can even figure out how to play… the first door puzzle I had figured out as soon as the first gear started spinning…. jeez… let me demo the game… I actually play games…..
It's a kickstartered game, you get alpha access if you pay enough for whatever layer has it.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 03:10
Originally Posted by turian View Post
is thig guy some kind of mentally handicapped ?
He might be a soy boy, not sure. It doesn't matter. From the comments in this thread he seems to be getting more attention for certain things over the game, Bard's Tale IV, which I hope will turn out to be a great game. I skipped around the video because I don't want too much info until I play it.

LootSeeker

Watcher

March 23rd, 2018, 09:54
Ok, so this is the section where comments on the person playing and streaming are posted. Can anyone point me the section where we can actually comment Bard's Tale Alpha?

Francesco

Watcher

+1:

March 23rd, 2018, 10:21
Puzzle weapons look quite cool. I saw in another video how to solve the Elven weapon riddles which involved twisting the hilt and hand grip respectively until the pattern matched up. A riddle was involved with one and an object needed to be inserted. Nothing too complicated and it looked like a fun diversion.

Graphically the game looks very cool. I like the attention to detail and how grandiose everything looks, especially inside the end building.

Musically the game is very celtic so no complaints from me. Mechanically the game seems to utilise positioning to a reasonable degree but I wonder how obvious it is where your party members are lined up vis-a-vis the enemy combatant. Maybe there is a need for a grid radar to assist and make it quicker to move your characters around.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 13:32
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
Ok, so this is the section where comments on the person playing and streaming are posted. Can anyone point me the section where we can actually comment Bard's Tale Alpha?
You could start a thread in GRPG

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I'm not sure how many watchers have alpha access though so there might not be that much to discuss
--
My Backlog
http://www.backloggery.com/mattynoaa

Nephologist

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

March 23rd, 2018, 16:34
Originally Posted by revjwh View Post
Sometimes the people here just come across as dicks. To rag on the person and his voice and then post "creep free" is just being an asshole. I like this community a fair bit - but not the people who go out of their way to be "crusty" and act like they are superior. Get a life.
That whole schtick is pretty common among the RPG fanbase for some reason. Just look at the codex. A whole lot of greasy dungeons and dragons geeks trying to be edgy in a way they wouldn’t dare to be IRL. I use the watch to try and avoid it as best I can but unfortunately even here it’s part of the community that mods just tolerate.

TheSnarkyShaman

Watcher

March 23rd, 2018, 17:35
To me, the game is looking really good. I've been waiting something with a more modern take on the old grid-based RPGs. Might & Magic X was pretty good and this looks to raise the bar of marrying a classic grid-based RPG with some modern sensibilities.

Oh, and count me in with those who are surprised/disappointed by the snarky comments about the guy doing the stream.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

March 23rd, 2018, 17:36
Pre-ordered with Beta access! I'm not sure why I didn't do it earlier.
--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

March 23rd, 2018, 18:16
Two of my friends that are doing the alpha raved quite a bit about it yesterday. I'm hoping at least one of them stops by this weekend, I'll ply them with some beers and try to get more info.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
+1:

March 23rd, 2018, 22:01
This is a MUCH better video with proper commentary explanations:

loading…

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2018, 22:12
This looks good.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:

March 23rd, 2018, 22:18
Indeed. I'm quite hopeful that this will turn out to be something special. It has much to live up to, those first three games are stellar.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:

March 24th, 2018, 04:24
I'm replaying Xulima right now….not really the same thing but it scratches an itch.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

March 24th, 2018, 07:49
It does look promising. I especially like the music and art direction that I've heard and seen so far.

Only thing I don't like is how the party members turn and face the player during their round in combat. I find it odd, and I don't see the purpose of it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
+1:

March 24th, 2018, 10:58
I was hoping the title screen music would be the same as Bards Tale 1. Not sure why it isn't, really? Surely that's the most nostalgic thing from the whole game? The amount of time spent listening to that music, creating a new party, then walk a few tiles, meet 6 nomads and back to the start music.

loading…

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

March 24th, 2018, 16:46
Man, just that visual of the first Bard's Tale brings back some awesome memories. It is still difficult to believe that we're going to have a new one, and soon!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bard's Tale IV - Early Alpha Video