Personal things you don't need to know

Here, people would rather go to a Veterinarian, but on the other hand, we have a different culture here.
And possibly more available veterinarians.

Regarding the salamander: Its's quite possible for elderly people (often with reduced eysight) to overlook something like that. Unless they have shown lack of empathy before, I would certainly choose to give them the benefit of the doubt. Or you could ask them.

a pibbur who is a fan of occam's razor.

Veterinarians aren't eveywhere though, and time is often the essence.

Years ago, I saw an idiot kid throwing an edgehog he found from the balcony of his building.
The poor thing was dying a really slow death, all of his body was bloody and broken.
Finding a vet, then bringing it to said vet would just have made its painful agony last longer.
Plus, lethal injections are not cheap.
Plus, those things can bite.
Plus, edgehog blood on the car sit.

I mercy killed it with a large rock, quick and clean. I still feel a little disgusted by myself (let just say that the crushing sound it made isn't the best), even years after, but I also think it was a good call.

Don't know about a cat, though. Cats being pets, it must be harder, psychologically.

EDIT: apparently, "edgehog" isn't a word.
Or maybe it's a very edgy variant of a hog.

Last edited:
And possibly more available veterinarians.

Regarding the salamander: Its's quite possible for elderly people (often with reduced eysight) to overlook something like that. Unless they have shown lack of empathy before, I would certainly choose to give them the benefit of the doubt. Or you could ask them.

a pibbur who is a fan of occam's razor.

@a pibbur; - with your beard I would not have thought you were a fan of ANY razor!!!

@a pibbur; - with your beard I would not have thought you were a fan of ANY razor!!!

You've got a point. A silly one, but a point. :) Razors are, like cell phones, gadgets from hell.

You know, I've always wanted to go into a shop selling razors (wherever those things are) and say that I need a new one, because the one I have doesn't work very well. I fear I would not be able to maintain a serious look, so I've never tried it.

a pibbur who doesn't think he has a razor. Could of course borrow the wife's, but he's afraid that razors used by women (whatever they use it for) tend to be pink. And the only pink things he likes are floyds.

PS. @Winterfart;: Edgehog? Wazzat? Missing the unpronouncable-by-the-french 'h'? DS

I don't now wat you're talking about. Ze Frenshe can pronounce everyting. Everyting you ear!!

PS: tanks a lot.

You know whats sucks Insomnia. Google if you don't know what it is.

Hint: It's not a game and I can't fall asleep right now.:brood:

Watch some of my sermons on You-Tube; they should put you to sleep!! :)

You know whats sucks Insomnia. Google if you don't know what it is.

Hint: It's not a game and I can't fall asleep right now.:brood:

Actually, it is also a game. Insomnia (the video game):
https://www.gog.com/game/insomnia_the_ark

It's even tagged with role-playing. Hum. Never tried.

Anyways... it's not a coincidence that sleep deprivation is used to torture people. Bad stuff.

If I feel like I am getting sick, I sleep it off ASAP. Can't afford major sickness.

Subway announced today they discontinued the roast beef and rotisserie chicken subs. Guess they don't want my business anymore. I'll go to Jersey Mikes instead now.

Link - https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...-chicken-from-the-menu/ar-BB15zlqJ?li=BBnb7Kw

• Subway is pulling roast beef and rotisserie chicken from the menu at many of the chain's locations.
  • Customers complained about the slashed ingredients on Facebook and Twitter.
  • Meanwhile, franchisees are furious that the chain is rolling out a new $5 footlong deal, a promotion many say is not profitable.

Last edited:
Watch some of my sermons on You-Tube; they should put you to sleep!! :)
Just might. What's your channel name?
Actually, it is also a game. Insomnia (the video game):
https://www.gog.com/game/insomnia_the_ark

It's even tagged with role-playing. Hum. Never tried.

Anyways… it's not a coincidence that sleep deprivation is used to torture people. Bad stuff.
Yeah I said what I had was not a game but a medical condition.

Already know a game I don't like has the same name.

The rest was way off-topic.

Spring is here!. Well, technically it's not spring anymore, but summer. (Don't listen to Australians claiming it's winter, they are a very small minority). But the thing is, I was planning to post this in May, but I actually never got around to do it.

Among the nice things to do in spring (in addition to poisoning and experimenting with pigeons and squirrels), is firing up my petrol powered lawn mower which I've for obvious called "Rammstein" (told you before).

A couple of things has happened since last time

1. Professional mainenance, including sharpening of knives, at a lawn mower repair shop
2. Got myself hearing protection.

Regarding the first: It's destructive power has increased significantly.

Regarding the second: I don't hear much of the noise from the engine. That takes some of the fun out of it, but OTOH, I won't hear neighbours complaining either. And since I wear very cheap glasses (don't cost much to replace) when mowing (or painting the house, other - for glasses - perilous activities), I won't see them gesturing across the fences. And if they start trespassing - well, my Rammstein has a powerful engine and very sharp knives!

a pibbur who nevertheless looks forward to the autumnn when essentiality of mowing becomes less essential.

PS. If I am to be honest (sometimes I am), I have actually asked the neighbours about my mowing thingy, and they basically said: mow away. DS

Spring is here!. Well, technically it's not spring anymore, but summer. (Don't listen to Australians claiming it's winter, they are a very small minority). But the thing is, I was planning to post this in May, but I actually never got around to do it.

Among the nice things to do in spring (in addition to poisoning and experimenting with pigeons and squirrels), is firing up my petrol powered lawn mower which I've for obvious called "Rammstein" (told you before).

A couple of things has happened since last time

1. Professional mainenance, including sharpening of knives, at a lawn mower repair shop
2. Got myself hearing protection.

Regarding the first: It's destructive power has increased significantly.

Regarding the second: I don't hear much of the noise from the engine. That takes some of the fun out of it, but OTOH, I won't hear neighbours complaining either. And since I wear very cheap glasses (don't cost much to replace) when mowing (or painting the house, other - for glasses - perilous activities), I won't see them gesturing across the fences. And if they start trespassing - well, my Rammstein has a powerful engine and very sharp knives!

a pibbur who nevertheless looks forward to the autumnn when essentiality of mowing becomes less essential.

PS. If I am to be honest (sometimes I am), I have actually asked the neighbours about my mowing thingy, and they basically said: mow away. DS

I suppose if you only get 2 weeks of summer you have to take maximum advantage of them! :biggrin:

In general I like living in Norway. It's a nice place, peaceful, nice nature, no lethal snakes and spiders (except those imported with bananas). Less than 10 kangaroos. Yes, normally I like living here, and especially on the west coast of the country.

But not alwasys, and not these days. Here's the reason:
Comet_2020_F3_%28NEOWISE%29_on_Jul_14_2020_aligned_to_stars.jpg

It's C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) a long period comet. Its's supposed to be visible from the northern hemisphere in July. Hah!

Most of July has been covered by clouds here, no chance to see the comet, of course. But a couple of days ago, just when the comet was closest to earth, the clouds dissolved and the sky was clear. So, I went out late at night, hoping to see the visitor And …

The sky was clear and slightly brightly blue, no star lookalikes visible except one which I guess was Venus. And of course no comet!!!!. Now, with a few exceptions any comet is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This one is due back in the 86th century, and I won't be around then. So I'm p*d.

There is of course the 76-year-period Halley's comet. But I was 31 when it last appeared, so unless I reach level 106, that one is also out-of reach!!!!

BAH!!!!

a pibbur who observes that in this case, going to Australia won't help.

Last edited:
We had too many clouds to see Neowise ( what a charming name ! ) well.

More house painting this summer. Now I've discovered the beauty of spray guns. Another word for that seems to be cloud painting, as there will be a cloud of paint mostly at the target area, but not completely. Which means that there is a need for significant covering of areas not to be painted (wider than you think, I've discovered), including the painter itself. Hence using breathing masks, and special glasses, and a coverall is necessary.

picture.php

On the picture you will notice a chaotic mass below the mask to the right. That's beard and hair, which as you can see is not covered. But since the paint is white, and I'm in an age where grey/white threads of hair are expected I'm not too troubled. (Well, I wouldn't be troubled by other colours either. As long as it's not pink).

BTW: The paint is water based, so no unhealthy solvents in the cloud.

a pibbur who is of course tempted now to spray a lot of things, but unfortunately, the user manual specifically warns against spraying people (presumably including wives). Doesn't say anything about cats, however.

PS. The outfit will of course also provide excellent protection from corona. DS.

PS2. I can BTW recommend the spray gun, a Bosch PFS 5000E. Somewhat expensive but it allows you to use paint as it is, no need for thinning, which seems to be required with cheaper guns. DS.

PS3. Unfortunately I'm not paid by BOSCH to say this. DS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom