HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Tom's Guide has reviewed the new Demon's Souls:

Demon's Souls review: The best reason to own a PS5

Demon's Souls is even better now than when it debuted, thanks to the PS5

Demon's Souls is the standout title among the PS5's launch library. It's not Spider-Man: Miles Morales; it's not Bugsnax; it's not even the surprisingly inventive Astro's Playroom. Demon's Souls is a rich, meaty experience that builds on the 2009 classic in significant ways, while keeping everything that made the game so absorbing completely intact.

The robust, complex gameplay alone would be reason enough to give Demon's Souls a try, but it's also one of the best-looking games on the PS5, combining eerie fog and lighting effects with some remarkable level design, and an enviable color palette. For a game that's as dark and difficult as they come, Demon's Souls can evoke beauty, melancholy and even a little wry humor.

[...]

Demon's Souls review: Verdict

Demon's Souls was an excellent game when it debuted back in 2009, and this loving remake treats it with the reverence it deserves. Just about everything is where you left it, but the graphics are prettier, the animation is more fluid and the load times are nearly instantaneous.

While a Souls game may sound daunting to first-timers, don't let the series' reputation fool you. Demon's Souls is hard, yes, but the difficulty isn't the point; it's to explore a striking world and revel in the precision and customization of the gameplay. The PS5 couldn't have kicked off with a much better game than this.
More information.

Nice to see a remake done with such care. I haven't played the Soul games but this remake looks like a good one. I would have loved this kind of game when I was younger but don't think I have the patience for it now.

Back in the day when I beat Mike Tyson in his punch out game, I had the patience ;).

I take it this will not be released for Windows and is just for the new console?

I take it this will not be released for Windows and is just for the new console?

They're doing the same thing as Bloodborne and releasing it exclusively to PS. And after 5 years there are still only rumors of Bloodborne coming to PC.

I loved it on the ps3. It was of course difficult. More like a thrill ride than an rpg but of course it's my opinion of DS as well. Modern day version of games like Dragon's Lair. lmao

Last edited:
Congratulations to Bluepoint Games for such a successful remake. They managed to achieve the original game's atmosphere and gameplay and able to present it new and shiny graphics.

They're doing the same thing as Bloodborne and releasing it exclusively to PS. And after 5 years there are still only rumors of Bloodborne coming to PC.

Actually Sony is preparing to release another PS exclusive to PC but on the contrary to popular rumor, it's not Bloodborne.

Source? Does it say what game?

I'd love to see Days Gone or The Last of Us get ported.

Who knows, maybe your dreams come true. ;)

Sony is pretty discreet about PC releases. It could be something about the release of PS5, I don't know. But a release is close than you think.

Back
Top Bottom