Non-RPG General News - Alliance of the Sacred Suns Trailer

I beg to differ it's CK2 in space. Stellaris removed almost all of that and focused on Empire building and conquest to much. The feeling of ruling as a noble was removed.

Last edited:
I recall an old suns strategy game...is this related?

Somehow, the art style and universe make me think of Dune.

I noticed no actual combat scene in the entire trailer. Is it something they decided to skip?

I beg to differ it's CK2 in space. Stellaris removed almost all of that and focused on Empire building and conquest to much. The feeling of ruling as a noble was removed.

They were never going for that anyway with Stellaris, nor was it ever in there to begin with. You play your race, not individual characters.

They were never going for that anyway with Stellaris, nor was it ever in there to begin with. You play your race, not individual characters.
That was my god dammed point. So thank you Mr. Obvious.:biggrin:

Yeah harsh reply but read the comment above mine. My reply was was no it looks better then Stellaris because Paradox decided not to use the Noble family mechanic like CK2.

Thus this game is vastly better. Still moving on have a good day and all that shit.

Last edited:
That was my god dammed point. So thank you Mr. Obvious.:biggrin:

Yeah harsh reply but read the comment above mine. My reply was was no it looks better then Stellaris because Paradox removed the Noble family mechanic. Moving on.

And you can't remove something that wasn't there to begin with, that was my "god dammed point". :movingon:

I noticed no actual combat scene in the entire trailer. Is it something they decided to skip?

They explained combat here recently.

Another game called Star Dynasties looks even better then Stellaris.

Link- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1194590/Star_Dynasties/

I find paradox vastly lacking with their latest grand strategy games.

Now that's CK2 in space done right.:kiss:

Yeah, AotSS and Star Dynasties are both on my wishlist.

@wiretripped sorry about being an ass. Early morning and a late night. Need coffee.

I also just found out Paradox abandoned Imperator: Rome after checking reddit. So that game will also feel incomplete unless few of those work in progress mods can fix it now.

Anyway yeah Alliance of the Sacred Suns seems to be an Emperor/Empress simulator similar to Stellar Monarch. You decree the masses follow your orders.

You don't micromanage everything as that's what subordinates are for.

@wiretripped sorry about being an ass. Early morning and a late night. Need coffee.

No prob.

I also just found out Paradox abandoned Imperator: Rome after checking reddit. So that game will also feel incomplete unless few of those work in progress mods can fix it now.

Ah, yeah, they announced that a few weeks ago. Haven't actually played it yet, but from what I read on their forum the game is in a fairly okay shape and actually fun to play. They spread the team members over Vic3, CK3 and Stellaris, so the development of those games should get a boost hopefully. Being a big fan of Stellaris I consider that good news.

Back
Top Bottom