Sports RPGs?

Sorry If I came across as a jerk but I don't play sports games that much. They simply haven't interested me since I was teenager except for the three games I listed above.

I don't think anybody has mentioned baseball. I know that MLB 2k has had a single-character mode since about the 2k10 version. You start in the minor leagues and have to prove yourself to make it to the big leagues.

Also, why are the Blood Bowl games windows only? :pout:

The Football Manager series would easily qualify I think more so as a party based rpg :) It has consumed my life over a number of it's releases so much so I've had to bar myself from playing it. Probably not of interest in the US though as football means one thing on my side of the pond and another on yours. The same developers are also responsible for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager.

I don't think anybody has mentioned baseball. I know that MLB 2k has had a single-character mode since about the 2k10 version. You start in the minor leagues and have to prove yourself to make it to the big leagues.

Also, why are the Blood Bowl games windows only? :pout:
I didn't know that about the MLB 2K games. They aren't on Steam, and 2k hasn't made a new one for PC for years to my best understanding. i have an old Xbox, Wii and Xbox One, in addition to PC. Given that there is nothing that I can do about the old rosters, which MLB 2K's would you recommend for any of those platforms?

By the way, I have heard that MLB Power Pros has a cool RPG component - it's supposedly the best baseball game for the Wii, or so I have heard. I found it at gamespot for $1 :cool:

I didn't know that about the MLB 2K games. They aren't on Steam, and 2k hasn't made a new one for PC for years to my best understanding. i have an old Xbox, Wii and Xbox One, in addition to PC. Given that there is nothing that I can do about the old rosters, which MLB 2K's would you recommend for any of those platforms?

By the way, I have heard that MLB Power Pros has a cool RPG component - it's supposedly the best baseball game for the Wii, or so I have heard. I found it at gamespot for $1 :cool:

I haven't played anything beyond 2k10, so I couldn't recommend a specific one. I'm kind of strange about sports games, I can use them for many more years than the publishers would prefer. For example, I played 30 seasons of Madden 13 with the same league :blush: . What I can tell you is that 2k10 had a pretty annoying menu screen, but beyond that it played nicely.

Back
Top Bottom