Drakensang How to heal poisoned characters?

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Can someone tell how to heal poison on a character?

there's a spell that does that, and also a talent. For the talent 'Treat poison' to work you'll need to put the herb or balm on the quickbar for a character with the treat poison talent, click on it and your pointer should turn into a little lightning, click on the target and that's it. The treater should also add a few points in the talent, I don't think just learning the talent is good enough, same with bandages and wounds)

thanks wolfing....heheh no manual with that gamers gate copy...

Really think alot of you will be surprsied at solid this little title is.

There's is also that gulmond tea. That and you need the skill healing

You need to put it in the quickslot to use it on characters who do not have the skill.

Also, I gave the amazon 10pts (might still be just 6, can't remember) in the Treat Poison skill. It works fine (fails some) on the poison you can get from anything in the first town. But the poison the zombies give could not be healed by that skill even when it showed that it had succeeded. The animation played and it said it worked but the poisons would not remove. But casting the poison cure spell (with zero points in it) removed it the first cast every time. I'm not sure if that was a bug with the treat poison skill or what, but I'd definitely pick up that spell just in case.

I disagree. The Zombies' poison is healable (right word ?), but you need a much stronger ingredient for that, imho.

At least that's how I have it in memory.

Because Golmoon (?)-Tea is stronger than leaves of that plant alone, so this works with the tea, if I have this correctly in my memory.

One person in the tavern of the "dark swamp town" ( ;) ) sells the tea.

Another possibility is to use a spell.

I found the cure poison spell very useful later on, because not only does it cure the poison, it also prevents new poison effects from being applied for a couple rounds.

Well, It seems like it was only the poison from the first zombie fight (with the undead mule and other zombie I won't name) that was uncureable (for me) using the talent.

I was using the Golmoon Tea from the hotbar to cure it as well. It works just fine with the later poisons from the zombies so I have no idea what the problem was. I don't have a save before that to see if it was reproducable either. It may have even been cured and just not removing the poisoned icon from beside their pictures...minor bug either way.

You can use magic to heal poison.
I can't remember the name of the spell.... something like Pure...
Oh, and I found that the spell "Calm the body and the soul" cures permanent wounds.

Well, It seems like it was only the poison from the first zombie fight (with the undead mule and other zombie I won't name) that was uncureable (for me) using the talent.

I was using the Golmoon Tea from the hotbar to cure it as well. It works just fine with the later poisons from the zombies so I have no idea what the problem was. I don't have a save before that to see if it was reproducable either. It may have even been cured and just not removing the poisoned icon from beside their pictures...minor bug either way.

I got the same problem with my restarted party (I didn't have the cure poison spell so had to use the talent). The message I got was something like the skill didn't fail but the poison couldn't be removed (+10). I added a couple of points to my skill and finally it worked. I think it either means you have to beat the score by 10 (but then, why wouldn't they just add 10 to difficulty?) or maybe that the skill had to be at least 10 without modifiers? not sure

+10 means that not only do you need to succeed in the three attribute checks that are rolled when you apply the skill, you need to roll low enough that you can add further ten points across all three checks. Theoretically, you can pass a +10 skill check without a single point in the skill.

+10 means that not only do you need to succeed in the three attribute checks that are rolled when you apply the skill, you need to roll low enough that you can add further ten points across all three checks. Theoretically, you can pass a +10 skill check without a single point in the skill.

But isn't that the same as having a 10 difficulty like how open locks works for example?

+10 means added difficulty. All skill checks work the same.

Yes but I mean, the text is different. For example, a pick lock attempt could say (in the console): 'TAP: 6 + 2 modifier. Added difficulty 5. Result (CL 15, DE 7, IN 13) Success 1 TaP*', while the poison from the zombie was something like that, and then an extra line saying 'Medium poison bleh (+10) couldn't be removed'. Usually it only says success or fail, but in this case there were 2 different lines, that's the confusing part, to me at least.

I found the cure poison spell very useful later on, because not only does it cure the poison, it also prevents new poison effects from being applied for a couple rounds.

That is what I am doing - was definitely worth the investment!

Back
Top Bottom