DA:O Witch hunt ? which hunt?

Dragon Age: Origins

Crilloan

Sentinel
:-/

I must have yawned or been very tired since I hardly remember anything from it ( and I finished it yesterday…)

I didn't buy the other dlc, ostagar, leliana golems but after this im not so sure.

I enjoyed dragon age very much, but im very happy that I took the advice from these boards to play ME2 before awakenings (which I still haven't played).

Im not going to post spoilers, I played rather sloppy so I might have to blame my self a bit but it still felt underwhelming.

One of my grievances is that it wasn't connected to the original story.
All of a sudden you are just walking around in the woods with your dog with very little introduction. ( Not that i mind walking around in the woods, especially since I spent this summer nailed at home with an infant and a toddler, my trangia cries).

What is the point of DLC?
Should they expand the storyline or be separate adventures?
I must say that I prefer if they connect with the main game as seamslessly as possible. When playing Overlord in ME2 It felt as if it was a part of the main game.

I'm tired and ranting, should start working.

C

There's already a thread on Witch Hunt.

The companions in Witch Hunt feels like the only new content. The rest is just reusing old stuff that a module-maker for NWN could put together in a day or two. It's strange to say this, but Witch Hunt made Operation Anchorage for Fallout 3 feel like premium content!

As far as I concern, Golems of Amgarrak is the only proper DLC for Dragon Age. It isn't the best DLC I have played, but it is what a DLC should be. It have it's own new story, the maps and content is exclusive for that DLC and it also have new gameplay.

Leiliana's Song is ok. It reuses some areas for sure, but it offers exactly what it promises to offer. I enjoyed it for what it was. It's like a tale told through the Dragon Age engine than a game in itself.

That said, I wonder why you ditch Awakenings. As far as I concern Awakenings did have some strong bugs (one forced me to use the toolset to fix my savegame), but it's definitely a good game in it's own. The areas are better crafted and more beautiful than Origins, the companions are very well done (two of them are among my favorites), the plot is decent, the new villain is one of the more complex you met in recent Bioware games etc.

If you enjoyed Dragon Age you definitely owe yourself to play Awakenings. Just be sure to check the boards before going into the mines (that's all I will say to save you spoilers).

A really cool area in awakenings (not the mines though);
dragonageawakening.jpg

Last edited:
Just be sure to check the boards before going into the mines (that's all I will say to save you spoilers).

Sound advice. I had to redo about 90 minutes of progress because of that bug.

Sound advice. I had to redo about 90 minutes of progress because of that bug.

All my autosaves and my quicksave had already reached the point in which I couldn't fix it by loading an old one. Luckily I found directions on how to fix it by manually editing the save file with the toolset.

noticed other thread :)

Im going to play awakenings, just glad that I played ME2 first.

Is the bug you mention fixed in latest patch or do I still need to be careful?
(im going for as little info as possible to have a more or less spoiler free experience)

Is golems of angarak possible to play within the original game?
(as overlord or stone prisoner etc) or does it work as wich hunt?

Ill stroll over to the other thread :biggrin:
C

(im going for as little info as possible to have a more or less spoiler free experience)
The mine bug? No.

Is golems of angarak possible to play within the original game?
(as overlord or stone prisoner etc) or does it work as wich hunt?
It's like Witch Hunt/Leliana's Song/Darkspawn Chronicles.

The bug with the mines is random, and doesn't happen to everyone. I never experienced it.

Just make sure to save your game prior to entering the mines.

I finished it with the most recent edition and got the bug. Took me 3-4 hours to find out how to fix it.

I will try to explain with as few spoilers as possible. Considering the nastiness of the bug, getting slightly spoiled might be worth it to avoid the hassle.

Just like Origins, Awakenings have a non-linear middle part that lead you to around 3 new locations. These locations can be done in any order (compare with the four in Origins, Orzammar, Tower of Magi, Redcliffe and the Brecilian Forest). One of these is the "Wending Woods". After some exploring you get the chance to go into the Silverite Mines in that location.

Like JDR13 told you, save in a new saveslot before entering those mines. "Take off all your gear before entering" seems to be the common tip given.

The bug is related to your inventory. When entering the game memorizes your equipped inventory which is then temporarily removed. If you use some special items the script controlling the opportunity to get them back doesn't work as intended. The result is that you loose your entire inventory with your main character.

Precisely what items is debated on the forums. Some possible ones are the DLC bonus items, character restricted items, Specialization restricted items (like "templar") or being the class Arcane warrior.

There are three ways to go if you are caught by the bug;
1. Accept and move on
2. Reload, unequip everything, especially bonus items, before entering. I do not know if you have to store them in your personal chest as well. You might actually have to enter the mines completely naked.
3. Use the toolset and manually copy the items from where they are stored, back into your inventory

I had to take the third route.

Last edited:
Never got that bug, guess I was lucky. The only bug I had in awakening, was a bug that did that a door to Anders Quest would not open.

I agree that awakening is much better don that Origin, the locations is much better don, probely because the most of the location in Origins was made 7 years ago, to fit PS2 and Xbox, but before they actual was finish making Origin's, both PS2 and Xbox had move on to a new generation. They then had a choice to either pimp it up a little or redo the whole thing, and maybe end up whit another Duke Nuke em..

Back
Top Bottom