Wasteland 2 - Signed Collector Edition's

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile released a short Tumblr post this week about the Signed Collector Edition's.

tumblr_ngtm9esfZk1sqkv5zo1_1280.jpg

Brian Fargo, Chris Keenan, Nathan Long and Chris Avellone signing nearly 2000 Collector’s Edition boxes for our backers, with nary a complaint!
More information.

Did those who bought the CE edition finally got it ?

If so, are you happy with it ? I know it's only pictures and not the real thing, but from what I see, I like the regular backers edition better.

I wanted to pledge for a regular edition of Torment, but they took the option out about a week before I was going to pledge. And now that I've seen pictures of the Wasteland 2 CE, I'm not really tempted to pay $145 for a Torment CE. What do you think ?

Lets see, I paid $500 for this signed edition and am still waiting. While Wastleland 2 has already been on sale so people that have paid $30 bucks can play before me if I want to wait for all the goodies. Then they have the nerve to post something about nary a complaint. I am a glass half full type of guy and most on these boards will say that I am too optimistic, but this is starting to upset me.

Wasteland was one of my favorite games of my youth and this has left a sour taste in my mouth. I will not donate to kickstarters like I have in the past. I will give just enough to get the game. The only exception would be if JVC made a new Might and Magic type of game.

I'd like to personally thank everyone who backed WL2 and DOS, ect, buy spending a ton of money to get these games made. The only game I have spend more than the minimum amount to get the game is AoD, but I appreciate that without the big spenders I would've either not got the game or received a worse game. I hope you all enjoy and find the tier you bought worth the extras for the money spent.

Lets see, I paid $500 for this signed edition and am still waiting. While Wastleland 2 has already been on sale so people that have paid $30 bucks can play before me if I want to wait for all the goodies. Then they have the nerve to post something about nary a complaint. I am a glass half full type of guy and most on these boards will say that I am too optimistic, but this is starting to upset me.

Wasteland was one of my favorite games of my youth and this has left a sour taste in my mouth. I will not donate to kickstarters like I have in the past. I will give just enough to get the game. The only exception would be if JVC made a new Might and Magic type of game.

I'm wondering if Deep Silver is not doing this deliberatly to discourage people to buy retail from Kickstarter campaigns. My guess is that they want to keep all the retail market for themselves, and are doing all they can to prevent retail buyers to buy directly from the devs. They want your $500 to be in their pocket next time, not in the devs pocket.

It's just a guess, so I may be wrong, but it does looks suspicious that the more money you gave for the Kickstarter campaign, the less service they provide.

Lets see, I paid $500 for this signed edition and am still waiting. While Wastleland 2 has already been on sale so people that have paid $30 bucks can play before me if I want to wait for all the goodies.

Yes if you wanted to wait for the goodies. Meanwhile you could have played BEFORE them if you actually wanted to, i.e. 500 gave both beta and early access. I only pledged 250 and have not received mine yet, but I don't really have a problem with it as I knew when I pledged that logistically it would take longer.

What concerns me more is the fact that they do not have tracking on their parcels. What on earth is going to happen if someone who has paid $250-500 and their parcel goes missing with no insurance?!?

Did those who bought the CE edition finally got it ?

Yes, I got it this past Tuesday. I'm happy with the physical goods - a heckuva lot more than I was with D:OS's. But I'm not at all happy with it having taken 3 months post-release to get to me.

YOU knew that an even longer wait was required to the peeps who payed for bells and whistles. Half full? by the sounds of it you've never had it filled... ;)

I only pledged 250 and have not received mine yet, but I don't really have a problem with it as I knew when I pledged that logistically it would take longer.

Yeah, we're both cheapskates. Sure, I knew the signed CE would take a little longer, but I didn't expect to still be waiting for it 3+ months after the game's release. To be fair, I'm still waiting on my boxed Moebius and Tesla Effect CE as well, and its been twice as long. Sometimes it seems the physical rewards are an afterthought.

If the future, why not give us the option to pay a few dollars extra for split shipping? The game boxes and physical rewards could ship early while the game is still in beta, and the final game disc and printed manual when it's done. That way, everyone's happy.

YOU knew that an even longer wait was required to the peeps who payed for bells and whistles. Half full? by the sounds of it you've never had it filled… ;)

What are you talking about? It was never stated or implied during the Kickstarter that the waiting period for physical goods would be 2-4 months. Backers have every right to be irritated by this incompetence on inXile/Deepsilver's part.

This sour experience has cemented my decision to never back a project for more than the minimum and I only wish I could rescind my Torment pledge.

Thanks for posting. I have been playing many other games so the wait is not too bad. But if 2014 was a lean year for RPG's, I would have been upset. :) I played Wasteland back when it first game out so waiting a few more months won't kill me. I was a teenager when I played Wasteland and now I am middle aged for WL2 :(

Back
Top Bottom