Atari - Two New D&D Compilation Sets

I don't know…couldn't the same thing be said for the entire GoG library? You're probably right, but I imagine there's at least some people who would be interested in either reacquiring this collection due to losing disks/boxes/etc., or perhaps some "uninitiated" who have been interested in playing these titles but haven't bought them yet.

For me, the GOG offers something that my existing old games doesn't have = compatibility. Instead of screwing around to get the settings right in DosBox, or applying various fan patches/work arounds, I know when I buy it from GOG, it's pretty much going to work. That's the appeal for me. While most of the games I have bought are ones I missed when they came out, I've repurchased several that I already owned just to have a digital format of them that I know will run in Win7.

I was kind of hoping they'd include some of the old games. I'd love to play the Dark Sun games again. I know you can find most of them online, but it would be nice to have a simple install package ala GoG. Hell, just let GoG do it!

UBISoft bought SSI and owns them now (Gold Box Games, Dark Sun). Since every single UBISoft game requires 24/7 hour DRM online connection to play any of their games, that's probably why we will never see them on GOG.

Joking aside, I don't think they see any profitability putting these MUCH NEEDED games on GOG sadly. Unless it's complicated more with the D&D rights suit that was settled with Atari and Hasbro.

Depending on the packaging (I don't simply want a box with a few cd's in sleeves), I might definitely get that Master Collection despite already owning all of them.

yeah - but who would YOU rather give your money to?

That depends… I love GOG as much as the next guy, but I also still like to purchase retail versions of certain games.

I already own all of the games in both bundles, but I'd still buy these if they happen to include any extras that weren't in the original boxed versions. For those prices though, I highly doubt they include anything besides the DVDs.

I just recently bought and played Icewind Dale 1 (finished it this week). I got it from GOG and had no problems with the game at all. None. I wonder if these CDs for the package sets are going to come with the most recent updates.

I love me some boxed version just as much as any gamer. But after my Icewind Dale experience, I'm thinking if I buy an older game it might have be a digital version.

forgot to add: I had a bunch of trouble install Gothic 2 on my rig. But had no problems at all with the Steam version.

The NWN premium modules are not included again...

What's the deal with the premium modules? I'd like to play the last few ones I missed, but Atari hasn't offered from the website for a long time. Not even for those who have already paid for them! It's like Atari has already forgotten they existed at all.

Anyway, this would be exciting news if these games wouldn't already be available from GOG/Steam/several physical re-release packs, so meh. I wish they'd re-release the earlier D&D games like Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Eye of the Beholder etc.

The question is, what does Atari mean by the third NWN1 Expansion? Even if they mean NWN Diamond that would not fit.

I think they are referring to the Kingmaker retail release (also contains Witch's Wake and Shadow Guard premium modules).

The NWN premium modules are not included again…

What's the deal with the premium modules? I'd like to play the last few ones I missed, but Atari hasn't offered from the website for a long time. Not even for those who have already paid for them! It's like Atari has already forgotten they existed at all.

Go here if you wish to download the Premium modules. You still need to have bought them when they were available to play them though but at least you can download them again if you misplaced the installers.

I do wonder whethr it will appear here, too ?
I especially mean this NWN pack ... They didn't publish all expansions here ...
And I wonder in how far this will be patched as well ?

You still need to have bought them when they were available to play them though

Which won't fit for mot non-English-language players, I assume.

I haven't ever bought them, so ... These modules remain kind of restricted to a very limited group of people, cynically put.

Which won't fit for mot non-English-language players, I assume.

I haven't ever bought them, so … These modules remain kind of restricted to a very limited group of people, cynically put.

Yep, while the Premium Modules seemed like a decent idea, and the content is good ... the execution was abysmal!

I want more games like ToEE - only with less bugs and more content.

Can I have them, please!?!?!

I want more games like ToEE - only with less bugs and more content.

Can I have them, please!?!?!

ToEE totally depresses me. It was a really good game engine saddled with a lackluster game. Imagine if they had done a BG-ish story with it?

Don't blame Troika. As far as I understood it they were merely using an ancient D&D adventure/role-playing adventure/module as the story ...

I'd re-buy these for the upteenth time IF they included printed manuals or something else of worth to collect. Since this is basically impossible in the age of limited shelf space and dvd cases, I'll pass.

For me, the GOG offers something that my existing old games doesn't have = compatibility.

While I love GoG to death, compatibility isn't always available for some games. I bought Lords of Magic and couldn't get it to run. I went into tech support and everything, but no go. They probably have fixed it by now since this was awhile ago that I bought it.

Even with LOM problems the majority of the games that I have bought from GoG work fine. I had to fine tune a few of them, but still got them to run. It does beat the hell out of searching the net for fanpatches and whatnot. It's just sometimes even GoG drops the ball on some games.

Don't blame Troika. As far as I understood it they were merely using an ancient D&D adventure/role-playing adventure/module as the story …

You actually should blame Troika. IIRC Troika once said in an interview: "If we are ever to make an Greyhawk game than it will be Temple of Elemental Evil, because that was the one that defined the D&D PnP experience for most of us."

They were the ones to chose it. Atari is to blame for using the most bland and generic D&D world ever.

@Topic
I have all of them games but I am very happy Atari releases them boxed again. If I'd consider buying them again I would love to buy them instead throwing my hart earned cash to a dubious DD service like GOG.

Back
Top Bottom