The Year Role-Playing Games Broke @ Joystiq

DA:O was the last Bioware game I enjoyed to any degree. I'd love to see a sequel in the same style, but something tells me that EA/Bioware are a little too stubborn for their own good.

Yeah with DA3 using the BF3 engine and having MP chances of that are likely zilch.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'd put Stonekeep on the same level as those games.
Well, by comparision, Daggerfall was a masterpiece… so I agree with you there; But at least Stonekeep was an rpg. Diablo was an addictive mouse-based action game with rpg elements… as much as I liked it, I still have trouble calling that an rpg.

Have to agree with Vindicator on that one. Stonekeep for me was definitely superior to Diablo and much more of an rpg. I'd also add Anvil of Dawn to the mix for 1995, since it was a solid game in a similar Dungeon Master/UU derived style; which the author of the editorial unfortunately forgot to mention. I also think the writer failed to express the party and genre element linkages from the AD&D goldbox games to the later Baldur's Gate/IE games.

Am I missing something? No mention of RoA 2 which was released in 95 or 3 which was sometime after. RoA being the greatest CRPGs made of all time; which is an undisputed fact in the scientific community proven multiple times by scientists using the scientific method and anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot who needs their teeth kicked in. Also, why not highlight the retardedness of the so called "crpg" fans for making sure Troika made no money from ToEE and just cried like babies that there wasn't party-npcs like in all the crap "crpgs" that have been popular since 95. You reap what you sow.

Now, people are excited over Wasteland 2? The same people who laughed at and spent zero dollars on ToEE?

Back
Top Bottom