Stormrite - Dev Blog #1

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Kelechi Apakama posted their first dev blog update on Stormrite and reminded us that the last hours of the Kickstarter were ticking away, since it ends this Tuesday 31st August at 11:59pm BST (that's UTC+1). The first stretch goal has been reached, and it's cruelly close to the 2nd.

ONLY 48 HOURS LEFT OF THE STORMRITE KICKSTARTER!! [Official Dev Blog #1]

The Stormrite Kickstarter has just 48 HOURS LEFT!! A big thanks goes out to everyone who has helped us reach our 20,000 goal by backing the project, we would not have been able to do this without you all! However, we have one more goal we'd like to reach before the end of the campaign...

Currently, we have 28,493 pledged from over 400 backers, but we are only 1500 away from our next goal, animal companions! If we reach our goal, you'll be able to take animals, such as Gerald here, with you on your adventures!

[...]

We're trialling a new way of showing our community what we're working on. Up until this point, our different communities on their respective platforms have been seeing varying parts of the development process, without there being one place to go for all Stormrite development updates. So here is our official pilot dev blog!

We'd like to show you what we've been working on over the past couple of weeks while our Kickstarter has been running. Development has been slightly slower than usual recently due to the regular management of our campaign, but that hasn't stopped us from getting stuff done!

[...]
More information.

Another recent kickstarter that looks like it has good potential. I didn't back this one, but I'm following the Steam page. Seems to have a Gothic\Two Worlds kind of vibe.

I wish they had a demo, but I'm guessing they're not far enough along for one yet.

Another recent kickstarter that looks like it has good potential. I didn't back this one, but I'm following the Steam page. Seems to have a Gothic\Two Worlds kind of vibe.

I wish they had a demo, but I'm guessing they're not far enough along for one yet.
Me too, that would help to decide for the Kickstarter. They plan to release a demo later, Q1 2022.

Current Kickstarter projects might end up in frenzied refunding drive as we might lose those developers this autumn-winter.

Man thanks for reminding me about the game Redglyph as I completely forgot about it. As for the game itself I'm getting Gothic vibes, but the whole project looks to ambitious.

Last edited:
It sounds interesting and I love animal companions and that could be something that could put me over into the more interested area but I don't see enough about the game to want to put money into it at this point, so will have to see what happens.

Current Kickstarter projects might end up in frenzied refunding drive as we might lose those developers this autumn-winter.
Magic 8-ball says it's possible given the state of the virus. Just another risk factor for backers. Still I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to any of the developers.

It sounds interesting and I love animal companions and that could be something that could put me over into the more interested area but I don't see enough about the game to want to put money into it at this point, so will have to see what happens.
Did you try out or look at The Waylanders yet. I remember they have pet summons.

Did you try out or look at The Waylanders yet. I remember they have pet summons.

Aye and they have a race of werewolves as one of the player race choices. The down side is the rather modern edgy dialogue in the game. I already own the game either way though.

I will have some fun with it even if it isn't a top game for me.

Encased and WotR are my two big games right now.

Update

Little update:

Stormrite Joins the Enjin NFT Ecosystem
We are proud to announce that we are working with Enjin, a market leader in blockchain gaming, to bring eco-friendly cosmetic non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to Stormrite!

These NFT items will be redeemable in-game across saves, and will change the appearance of your in-game equipment/companions in unique ways! We will be releasing Stormrite NFTs periodically, some more limited than others, to give players exciting cosmetics that they truly own, to try on their character when the game launches in 2022.

As we close out our Kickstarter campaign today, we'd like to extend a sincere thank you to everyone who has supported Stormrite. We are more motivated than ever to create the amazing gaming experience you are all expecting!
[…]

Apart from that, they seem to have unlocked the animal companion, and still 7 hours left until the end of the Kickstarter.

I like games that offer companions, so that part is attractive to me. I'm not sure what the heck the tokens are all about, yet if it's something I can ignore, I guess that'll be the course of action I take. The player races are also rather intriguing, so count me as someone that will be monitoring the progress of this game.

I like games that offer companions, so that part is attractive to me. I'm not sure what the heck the tokens are all about, yet if it's something I can ignore, I guess that'll be the course of action I take. The player races are also rather intriguing, so count me as someone that will be monitoring the progress of this game.
I tried to remain as neutral as possible in that post above, but I imagine that someone who has pledged could find that announcement unnerving. Hopefully that will be as transparent as possible and not shoved down the throat of the players in any way.

Having the animal companion goal is nice :)

What the hell is Enjin and eco-friendly cosmetic non-fungible tokens?

Why would a developer do something like this.o_o

Last edited:
Lol. A load of assets slapped together to make a third rate trailer, with delusions of making a mint off NFT bullshit in-game. No chance.

Back
Top Bottom