Broken Roads - Dev Commentary Live Play

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Audio Lead Tim Sunderland and Game Director Craig Ritchie play Broken Roads and comment on it.

Broken Roads Dev Commentary Live Play at MIGW21 Steam Festival

Join Audio Lead Tim Sunderland and Game Director Craig Ritchie playing through some early-game content from the Hired Gun origin story of Broken Roads!

[...]

This livestream was part of the Melbourne International Games Week 2021 Steam Event, where also did an AMA on 2 October and an art stream on 4 October.

More information.

Watched a good chunk of this. The morality system is pretty cool, and the dialogue in general seems deep.

I also really like how detailed the environments are. I wish there was a playable demo.

It seems very good, quite a lot of dialogues and from what they say, what you say may come back later in the conversation. That's the type of attention to detail I enjoy, it makes the world more real.

Music is cool.

I haven't spotted any fight, was there any combat footage before, for this game?

I haven't spotted any fight, was there any combat footage before, for this game?

They haven't really shown any combat gameplay yet. There were a few brief moments of combat in one of the trailers last year, but it was literally just a few seconds of footage.

I'm hoping they show that soon because everything else about the game so far looks really good to me.

I've skimmed through the video.

I love the background music - its rather unique and beautiful!

I like the art direction a lot as well, except maybe journal colours - I don't like the black background and yellow texts, looks too... nuclear.

I'm not too impressed with the morale compass, it just look like slight different take on alignment system. Won't know how good it is until experiencing full game I suppose.

All in all, looks promising. Will definitely follow its development.

I've skimmed through the video.

I love the background music - its rather unique and beautiful!

I like the art direction a lot as well, except maybe journal colours - I don't like the black background and yellow texts, looks too… nuclear.

I'm not too impressed with the morale compass, it just look like slight different take on alignment system. Won't know how good it is until experiencing full game I suppose.

All in all, looks promising. Will definitely follow its development.
Does it feel like Australia? :)

I'm not too much concerned about the morale compass, not any more than the D&D alignments anyway. It's original but I hope it's not too constraining, because apparently it disables some of the replies in the dialogues (they're crossed out). It's fine if those replies don't fit the personality at all, but from my experience in the Pathfinder games, for ex, sometimes I like to take answers that are not supposed to be my alignment, especially if I disagree with the alignment tags they gave them.

Does it feel like Australia? :)

Music wise, doesn't particularly reminds me of Australia but the art direction and voice acting does ;)

Art Direction is exemplary here. Except the stupid small fonts for which they'll receive the proper admonishment from me soon! Other than that Broken Roads looks spiffy!
They messed up with the 3D as they could have done this in 2D as well. 3D is only justified if they want to destroy & collapse buildings in combat. But I doubt it. So they just added lots of extra work of animating 3D characters which brings zero added gameplay, I think.

Back
Top Bottom