Grim Dawn - Full Release on Thursday

I also found Grim Dawn bland and boring. Comparing to Titan Quest there was no abilities which sounded great (to me!) and worth to grind for, no cool class combinations either. Game world looked bland instead of grim, Path of Exile succeeds here 10 times better with atmosphere. Armor and weapons also looked uninspiring - i hardly find it cool when my character looks like some welder or guy from metal workshop.
Diablo 3 gave me much more fun than Grim Dawn at any time - if D3 looked like GD, I bet it was bashed to the ground without remorse :)

You seem very emotionally invested against D3 in ways that have nothing to do with the actual gameplay - and your statement is peppered with little attacks at their philosophy.

Heh…as opposed to you, who is being completely objective about the virtues of D3?

I loved D3, but I only play the main campaign and it is a trip to your next door neighbor; at least in comparison to Grim Dawn. D3 is all about arriving at your destination (meaning the main content happens after you finish the campaign) and GD is all about the journey. D3 is prettier. Lots. GD is gd ugly but a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll play both again.

I've never played path of exile and couldn't get into either torchlight at all. I need to download Path one of these days, when I'm not in a Bethesda session. I'm only 20 hours into Oblivion so I'll be here till April probably.

Datagram I was not referring to skill leveling but monster leveling. Complete monster leveling as it is done in D3 us completely game breaking. One of the joys of these games is going back and destroying monsters that killed you or were struggling to get by. That is impossible in D3.

And D3 was absolutely a better and more featured game at the first Blizzvon than at release. They literally spent 4 years gutting the game and removing feature after feature to intentionally dumb the game down, and allow it to work on consoles. Look up the video from the announcement and you will see tons of features that were removed. That D3 was fun and would have been pretty deep. But the RMAH ruled all, and cool feature after cool feature disappeared. And monster scaling completely ruins D3 anyway

I played Path of Exile quite a bit but never got past the first area, since I enjoyed trying different character "classes" and restarting to find the one that I most enjoyed. The repetition finally did me in, as well as the realization that fun early gameplay is usually not indicative of fun end game (or even fun mid-game) gameplay...

Back
Top Bottom