Original Sin - Impressions @ Gametrailers

This is a pure insult.
Original Sin is not bug-o-rama, an annoying dradon doesn't spawn on any spot I fasttravel and above that I love the story and substories unlike Skyrim's ones.

It's good to see this. GameTrailers is going through a big transition (new corporate owner) so I've been wondering what they'll turn into. I'm sure they'll be getting rid of that Viacom movie viewer ASAP.

This is a pure insult.
Original Sin is not bug-o-rama, an annoying dradon doesn't spawn on any spot I fasttravel and above that I love the story and substories unlike Skyrim's ones.

Original Sin is nothing like Skyrim at all. It's also, as far as I am concerned so far, a lot better than Baldurs Gate, NWN, or any of the older (legendary/legacy?) isometric view RPGs. To be fair, I think a lot of my problem with those games is that I wasn't gaming back then and when I started gaming, around 2007, the graphics were just too dated for me and I couldn't really get into those older games.

I don't understand all of the hate for Skyrim, it's a great game. I played it for about 130 hours and I don't recall any really annoying game killing bugs. It had probably been out for about a year before I started playing, so maybe all of the big bugs were patched out before then.

For a first/third person action RPG game, Skyrim is the best ever as far as the smoothness of the game engine is concerned. In other aspects, it's not as good as Two Worlds 1 or 2, Fallout NV, Divinity Ego Draconis, or any of the Gothic/Risen series(besides Risen 2, it's better than that), but it doesn't suck either.

Also, as much as I like Original Sin so far ( I can't stop playing it), the camera is a little annoying at times. I guess that's not a bug, but I would say that it's flawed and needs improvement. But it's the best game I've played in a long time. There's so much to do and that you can do, it's a little overwhelming.

Original Sin is nothing like Skyrim at all. It's also, as far as I am concerned so far, a lot better than Baldurs Gate, NWN, or any of the older (legendary/legacy?) isometric view RPGs. To be fair, I think a lot of my problem with those games is that I wasn't gaming back then and when I started gaming, around 2007, the graphics were just too dated for me and I couldn't really get into those older games.

I don't understand all of the hate for Skyrim, it's a great game. I played it for about 130 hours and I don't recall any really annoying game killing bugs. It had probably been out for about a year before I started playing, so maybe all of the big bugs were patched out before then.

For a first/third person action RPG game, Skyrim is the best ever as far as the smoothness of the game engine is concerned. In other aspects, it's not as good as Two Worlds 1 or 2, Fallout NV, Divinity Ego Draconis, or any of the Gothic/Risen series(besides Risen 2, it's better than that), but it doesn't suck either.

Also, as much as I like Original Sin so far ( I can't stop playing it), the camera is a little annoying at times. I guess that's not a bug, but I would say that it's flawed and needs improvement. But it's the best game I've played in a long time. There's so much to do and that you can do, it's a little overwhelming.

I don't think there's a lot of hate here for skyrim, it was great.

That's just joxer being joxer. If you've read 10 of his post then you can just skim the rest as they will mostly be the same thing over and over.

I don't think there's a lot of hate here for skyrim, it was great.

That's just joxer being joxer. If you've read 10 of his post then you can just skim the rest as they will mostly be the same thing over and over.

I didn't mean just here, it seems to be everywhere that people were criticizing Skyrim for being a weak RPG. Well, yeah, it was sort of that, but there are a lot of good things about it also.

Skyrim meet Baldur's Gate?

I can see BG with the isometric view, party and the combat having a bit of a D&D flavor (turn based medieval weapons + spells), but Skyrim? I guess I just see too much of Divine Divinity in the game to see anything else.

Although, very good news for Larian. The game is good and "large website gamers" seems to like it, so they should get more sales with the "word of mouths" effects.

I thought Skyrim was a lot of fun. I don't think the comparison of D:OS to Skyrim is disparaging at all. Within the context of this review, my impression for the comparison was that D:OS is like Skyrim in terms of the open-worldness of the game and freedom to explore and carry out quests and tasks in a fairly free-form way. Based on my limited play time, I'd tend to agree with that.

It's a very good comparison. Just like Bethesda, Larian are inspired by Ultima 7 and pays a lot of attention to detail. In Skyrim every door, every drawer etc can be opened, objects can always be picked up, etc. Very different from the very static Bioware games where attention to such details suffers a lot.

Skyrim is a great sandbox game where you really can explore and do just the stuff you like. Additionally it's greatly modable and you can enjoy a lot of additional content. For people who are into this kind of gameplay it currently imho is the best game available by far.

For people who like different aspects in RPGs, it's just mediocre.

Last edited:
If the comparison with Skyrim helps selling more copies, I am OK with it. Rather than that, DOS and Skyrim are not even the same genre.

Back
Top Bottom