Gothic 3 Soundtrack question for game owners

txa1265

SasqWatch
Hi:

While I'm 'patiently' waiting for the Aspyr release, I have a question. I have downloaded all of the soundtrack samples that have been made available, and also have the Gothic 2 soundtrack clips that were released a while back. One of my favorite things in Gothic 2 was the great music that felt atmospheric yet 'casual' all at once. I've heard all of the big sweeping themes, I was wondering if there is simple yet charming KaiRo stuff to fill in the open spaces?

I have to admit that I'm more or less blown away by the quality of the soundtrack for Gothic 3. I'm not really sure what you're suggesting but I rate Rosenkrantz's soundtrack to be fully comparable to work by Jeremy Soule.

The sweeping themes are mostly for the more or less "peaceful" environments/daylight whereas caves or the dark forrest or the middle of the night tends to be a lot softer/"simpler".

If I completely misunderstood what you meant then at least let me express how pleased I am with the soundtrack of Gothic 3. To me a good soundtrack makes a game a lot more engaging ... and I'm right at the edge of my seat when I play :p

I love Jeremy Soule's stuff ... he's my fave, but when you're wandering around in G2 there are a number of non-symphonic themes - guitar bits, flute, etc - that are just wonderful.

"guitar bits, flute, etc - that are just wonderful."
There are some but not enough, there can never be enough of those, imo. :)

Sound track is very good, the one song I really wanted more of was the closing video in G2 very short and powerful, while he does expand on it some it defianlty has room for much more expansion.
Overall I would give most of the sound tracks at least a 90 score.

Back
Top Bottom