Will crossfire work with this moniter?

jakebaker13

Watchdog
I just ordered my custom PC and after thinking about it I believe I may have made a minor brainfart. The monitor I ordered has 1 DVI, 1 HMDI, and 1 VGA. to run crossfire do I need a monitor that has two DVI's to hook them up tp both cards? How does this work and how do I set it up. Any info would be extremley helpfull!

No problem........ the cards just help each other to render the scene you don't need two HDMI in the monitor.

So do I just pluf the output DVI into any of the 4 videocard DVI outputs or is the a specific one I should insert it into. Aslo: is DVI better than HDMI?
HDMI is better than DVI,you would want to connect either card to the HDMI input.

I use DVI for my PC, and HDMI for my PS3. My monitor has 2 HDMI inputs, but I didn't notice any difference between DVI and HDMI in regards to PC.

What video cards did you end up getting?

That depends on which resolution you are planning to run on the screen.. and what refresh rate....

Afaik, DVI has no limitations regarding those things. The only difference is that HDMI can also carry audio data.

Back
Top Bottom