Insulted on a chess playing site for my handle - "nationalistic"

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
lol, if you want to hear a funny story, listen to this.:biggrin:

I play chess and am pretty good at it, I played it seriously for like close to 15 years and even played in chess tournaments and reached the rank of Expert in rating.

Well, so I am not trying to brag but just give background for this story. I'm on a chess site that is very popular - Chess.com - and I recently signed up and chose my handle as "nationalistic".

Well, get a load of this private message I just received.

"your nickname is an obscenity in itself, this is a chess-forum, not a Donald-Trump-Forum, you stupid asshole"

It was from a german guy, by the way….someone got triggered! :lol:

Anyway, the guy blocked me after he sent me that nasty message and had no courtesy so that I couldn't even have the opportunity to tell him what I thought of his message.

Just thought it was kinda amusing and wanted to share. :)

Online heroes for social justice and perceived righteousness!!! :) the best kind of hero. Completely useless and ineffectual. Be happy you made him feel like a champion in his otherwise pathetic life.

Well what can I say given the state of the world I'm not surprised.

Reminds me of the TV Show The Orville on Fox.

Especially the episode called majority rules.

Link - http://orville.wikia.com/wiki/Majority_Rule

I read a physiology study few years ago that said you get the same positive effects for imagining helping someone as if you actually helped them. I think this might explain the behaviour of SJWs! They will be very vocal on social media sites (imaging) but they won't lift a finger when push come to shove (actual).

Its bit like shouting "save the planet" on twitter while using an iphone...

Yea, many of them (the SJWs) are just nuts. I am a nice person, but will give back what others give to me. If they insult me, I can come up with good insults too. But generally, I try to be nice and polite and maybe surprise people that a Trump guy can be reasonable and intelligent and polite! Maybe it will help persuade some of the people out there who have fallen for the non stop media bashing and brainwashing of painting all Trump supporters as low IQ raging nazis...:biggrin: That maybe, just maybe, it is not true after all, lol

Anyway, not trying to start a political topic or anything, just thought it was a funny incident.

I googled "Arkadia" and I get a link saying its place in Greece. So whats the Trump connection?

I googled "Arkadia" and I get a link saying its place in Greece. So whats the Trump connection?

Oh, I picked that handle a long time ago when I first joined rpg watch (2009)

The Arkadia is kind of a subtle reference, that no one would ever be able to figure out, but I don't mind explaining it. I was born in Arcadia, California which is a small place near Los Angeles. I just replaced the "c" with a "k" because I think it is cooler that way. :cool:

Perhaps this should be in P&R, where we may contrast such civilised intelligence with the Trump supporters that are telling us that they have far-right leanings, want authoritarian rule, want voting rights stripped from "useless" people, and about the superiority of the US over the Third World peoples. I mean, surely we can't compare such thinking to Nazis. :biggrin:

Perhaps this should be in P&R, where we may contrast such civilised intelligence with the Trump supporters that are telling us that they have far-right leanings, want authoritarian rule, want voting rights stripped from "useless" people, and about the superiority of the US over the Third World peoples. I mean, surely we can't compare such thinking to Nazis. :biggrin:
So should I put on my uniform and give the Trump salute for you.:p

No, that's a dead giveaway! As long as you don't do that, you can still say, "Well, yes, we have essentially all the same political concepts and attitudes, but so long as we don't put on the uniforms and do the salute, how dare you compare us to Nazis!" :biggrin:

... I try to be nice and polite and maybe surprise people that a Trump guy can be reasonable and intelligent and polite! ...

Error! Error! Does ... not ... compute :p

Oh, I picked that handle a long time ago when I first joined rpg watch (2009)

The Arkadia is kind of a subtle reference, that no one would ever be able to figure out, but I don't mind explaining it. I was born in Arcadia, California which is a small place near Los Angeles. I just replaced the "c" with a "k" because I think it is cooler that way. :cool:

Thats seems like reasonable name. Why did he thought its connected to Trump?

Thats seems like reasonable name. Why did he thought its connected to Trump?
Probably because he is proud to be called a Nationalist.:salute:
Many have called Trump a nationalist since he entered the political ring, and he warmly embraced the label an Oct. 22 rally in Houston ahead of the midterm elections.

“A globalist is a person that wants the globe to do well, frankly, not caring about our country so much. And you know what? We can’t have that,” Trump said.

"You know, they have a word – it’s sort of became old-fashioned – it’s called a nationalist. And I say, really, we’re not supposed to use that word. You know what I am? I’m a nationalist, okay? I’m a nationalist. Nationalist. Nothing wrong. Use that word. Use that word."

Ah I am an idiot. I thought is username was also Arkadia on the other sites as well. I should read properly :)

IMHO you got what you deserved. To elaborate while the response was bordering on outlandish; picking a name that hints at politics on an apolitical site is asking to be spanked. While some harmless names could be confused as being political (esp when you are not familiar with other cultures and the site is international); this is not one of those cases. You deliberately chose a name that had a high probability of receiving a political response and you got one. Live with it and stop your attention seeking whine.

lol, if you want to hear a funny story, listen to this.:biggrin:

I play chess and am pretty good at it, I played it seriously for like close to 15 years and even played in chess tournaments and reached the rank of Expert in rating.

Well, so I am not trying to brag but just give background for this story. I'm on a chess site that is very popular - Chess.com - and I recently signed up and chose my handle as "nationalistic".

Well, get a load of this private message I just received.

"your nickname is an obscenity in itself, this is a chess-forum, not a Donald-Trump-Forum, you stupid asshole"

It was from a german guy, by the way….someone got triggered! :lol:

Anyway, the guy blocked me after he sent me that nasty message and had no courtesy so that I couldn't even have the opportunity to tell him what I thought of his message.

Just thought it was kinda amusing and wanted to share. :)

I just want to say that Starship Troopers (first film) is one of the most underrated pieces of modern cinema. Seen it atleast dozen times. Timeless classic. Shame about the weak sequels though.

I just want to say that Starship Troopers (first film) is one of the most underrated pieces of modern cinema. Seen it atleast dozen times. Timeless classic. Shame about the weak sequels though.
There was talk about a possible re-boot but with the current political climate the writers admitted it would need to have a few changes. Shame but they are probably right.

Fascist inspired Militaristic World Government.
Anyway I believe their are five movies & a cartoon series.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_(film)

Starship Troopers is a satire of fascist militarism, disguised as a Hollywood action movie. I don't think it needs an update - it's perfect for right now.

Don't forget Iron Sky it was satire about Republicans and Fascists.

We have an upcoming sequel also in the works.

Back
Top Bottom