What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Conan is actually a retread of Kull. Howard had a tendency to repeat himself if it meant making a quick buck.

In other words, Kylo is whiney by nature… "I bet grandad never had to tidy HIS room…"

Can't disagree with that

you mean Han.

Not sure exactly what you are referring to

And it is Han, not Hahn. Just as its Aldaran, not Ahlderan. I claim it as part of the Tatoinne accent. Which reminds me, is there a theory that Carrie Fisher messed up the line when she said the rebel base was on Dantoinne - didn't the script say Tatoinne?

you mean Han.
No I mean't Luke. I'm sure Luke had him working on lots of menial tasks while he was training him.

Enjoy and Thank Disney for ruining the Franchise.

Something new in Star Wars? Meh.

And another meh from the opposite part of the world.
Visual perfection meets emotionless, bland and shallow story that's supposed to be a tragedy, yet you can't care less for anyone nor anything in it.

Okay, because of capital offense laws in China some things must not appear on screen or else. Regardless, this level of selfcensorship and cowardice I just didn't expect. There is absolutely no chemistry between duos and trios, even a guy who supposedly has a crush on empress fails to deliver. If any innuendo even slipped the filming, it was cut out in editing phase. Characters in the movie are nothing but robotic dolls from console exclusives.

I've never seen visuals so spectacular and so beautiful ever before in any other movie. But this dud is ment for audience that don't need substance. It's ment for stupid.

China obviously mastered visuals, all they need now is filmmakers brave enough to bend the rules, (ab)use the government funds then run and apply for asylum. Just not USA, they put kids in concentration camps there.
We won't wait much till that happens and China makes a genuine masterpiece so in case of Legend of the Demon Cat, I say:
Skippit.

Oh, do please watch the trailer to taste what a wasted potential and missed opportunity means in this case.

Last edited:
Never heard.

In most cases I'm on the other side of the fence.

New post, new movie.

Opening scene, please watch it:

Stop there. It needed just some more of this with a believable story. It didn't get none of it, in fact it went forward with ridiculous car/bike stunts.
The Villainess could pave a path for different kind of an action movie but it ultimately failed.

As I said, watch the intro scene above. Skip the whole movie unless you're unsure what to put on to different tastes acquantances/guests, then it's okay to watch it full.

I watched Star Wars: Last Jedi, and half that flick seemed like pure filler. The biggest crime by far is they had a legendary actress, Laura Dern, and did absolutely nothing with her. All in all I was quite unimpressed, and once again reminded that Empire is the only flick in that universe that I care for, and even that one not so much.

There, I've saved ya two hours.

I saw "Ant-Man and the Wasp".

tbh I've never understood these kind of posts that you seem to do over and over.. too much effort to write another line (e.g if you liked it or not?) rather pointless..

I watched Star Wars: Last Jedi, and half that flick seemed like pure filler. The biggest crime by far is they had a legendary actress, Laura Dern, and did absolutely nothing with her.

Terrible movie. It will be (and is) embarrassing for a lot of big actors to have taken part in the newer SW movies.. i bet many of them already regret it, and it will only get worse and more laughable as time moves on, these movies will not age well. Who the hell tricked her into being in this shit, she didn't fit at all imo..

Saw Ready Player One. It was …ok. It's a gaming movie afterall, so I don't really know what I was expecting; once again, I think I put far too much faith into the IMDB score.

The best scenes for me were definitely those at the start of the film with the race - talk about pop culture overload! After that, however, it just kind of fell into this formulaic us-vs-them Spielberg adventure shtick.

Goonies w/ less heart and CGI gone wild: 6/10

@you; why should you care if anyone whines or thinks differently, its your own opinion and you have the right to it.

seeing it tomorrow since i got a free ticket from a friend (gonna guard his house so he wanted me to have at least something for the trouble hehe).

Saw Ready Player One

Goonies w/ less heart and CGI gone wild: 6/10
6? Man…
The most horrible turd Spielberg ever made. I didn't even know it's his movie otherwise I'd have skipped it initially. That man remained a charlatan and I can't believe Hollywood is still funding his abortions.

Outdated visuals, abused music and pop culture to cover for utter boredom, boring villains, superficial puzzles that are basically an idiocy and again impossible youth.
The only positive is the beauty imperfection of the main girl, but it couldn't save this miscarriage.

Unless you think ninjas don't hug and hugging kids is a big no no, avoid at all costs. Most importantly, do not let your kids watch this soulless garbage.

Its ok. The acting is stiff and the story violate some basic science principals but otherwise it is a fun ride and the little girl is fantastic. one thing that bothered me with both this movie and j. world 2 is that the cgi was just plain bad in some places and both movies suffered from forced lines and stiffness in acting. I found movies like deadpool much smoother and less forced.

@you; why should you care if anyone whines or thinks differently, its your own opinion and you have the right to it.

seeing it tomorrow since i got a free ticket from a friend (gonna guard his house so he wanted me to have at least something for the trouble hehe).

Back
Top Bottom