Previously On Banner Saga!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another video for Banner Saga 3 was released It's a recap of the past two games.

Beware: Spoiler for those who still haven't played the games.

Sure was dark.
The game themselves are dark as the world is ending. Banner Saga one was sort of the introduction to the world with a sad ending, but part two was a lot darker.

Part three is the conclusion, and it comes down to who will die and who do trust?

Yeah I'm certain I'll also be replaying the first two games before jumping into the third. I'm also hoping that we'll hear about a return to this universe at some point in the future, with any luck!!

Another trailer called The Serpent was released this week.

Gamasutra livestream with Stoic's Matt Rhoades, Alex Thomas, Chad Nicholas, Zeb West, and Versus Evil's Steve Escalante about the games grand finale.

Also the release date is July 26 as reported on another thread.

The Soloists of the Banner Saga

As the end of the saga draws to a close, Taylor Davis, Malukah and Peter Hollens take a fond look back at working with Austin Wintory on the official soundtracks for all three Banner Saga games

I was really hoping to get another play-through on the first and second games before jumping into the new one, but the Shining Force series put a halt to that plan. Now I just might wait even longer, because I have a real hankering to redo those two simply because of how much fun they are.

End of a Saga: What Stoic learnt from the Mass Effect finale.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...what-stoic-learnt-from-the-mass-effect-finale
Studio co-founder and ex-BioWare dev Arnie Jorgensen joins producer Zeb West to discuss ending the Banner Saga trilogy.

With the narrative-focused Banner Saga series set to conclude next week following the launch of its third installment, indie developer Stoic is in the precarious situation of having to actually deliver a satisfying conclusion to a project six years in the making; a prospect so terrifying that most developers either stumble at the last hurdle, or keep running until there are no games left to make, and the series simply collapses under its own weight.

End of a Saga: What Stoic learnt from the Mass Effect finale.

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...what-stoic-learnt-from-the-mass-effect-finale

I really hope they make it an interesting story in the third one.
It will never liver up to everyone's expectations, but as long as it it is fun and interesting to me in terms of gameplay and story then I would be happy.

They resolved some of my major complaints with the first one when I played through the second iteration, so I can only assume they will make it even better in the third.

I still have to finish part two before I play the third game, but based on what I did play it was improved on the first game. I especially loved the choice at the end of episode one.

Now if only Stoic would release all three games together.

I'm hoping for an all out war or some progress on some of the epic betrayals that have occurred along the way. This final iteration shouldn't be boring, unless they just get very lazy in the end.

Back
Top Bottom