|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Is Pool of Radiance just unfair, or am I doing something wrong?

Default Is Pool of Radiance just unfair, or am I doing something wrong?

December 11th, 2016, 16:33
I once watched an LP of this game and the LPer actually explained how to tweak the random encounter difficulty (quantity of enemies, their toughness, etc). Basically it depends on the initial stats of your party, so if the game throws crowds of orcs at you, your stats are the problem.

Here, I found the video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8u1…84757A&index=2

Elel

Devout Priestess of RPGs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 11th, 2016, 17:39
Such an awesome game. They just don't make them like this anymore, sadly.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

December 11th, 2016, 22:07
Originally Posted by Elel View Post
I once watched an LP of this game and the LPer actually explained how to tweak the random encounter difficulty (quantity of enemies, their toughness, etc). Basically it depends on the initial stats of your party, so if the game throws crowds of orcs at you, your stats are the problem.

Here, I found the video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8u1…84757A&index=2
So the game throws more enemies at you if your stats are high, that's probably the OP's issue since he said he altered the party's stats. Since I went by-the-rules, that's why I had no issues dealing with the encounters. In the video, author first created a party with minimum stats (3 in all), encounters had 1 enemy. Then he ran the same encounters with max normal stats (18 in all), encounter had 10 enemies. Then he ran with max max stats (25 in all), encounter had 25 enemies.
Moral of the story, don't cheat

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Is Pool of Radiance just unfair, or am I doing something wrong?