Fable 2 - Preview @ Hooked Gamers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A preview of Fable 2 is up at Hooked Gamers. I hadn't realised the dog (apparently) replaces a journal:
Fable 2 certainly has enough innovations to support this lofty claim thus far. The first one is the dog. Whereas most Role Playing Games rely on radars and journals to point you in the right direction, Fable 2 decides to ditch this. Instead they simply give you a dog. According to Molyneux, the dog will have the best AI ever seen in a videogame. Demonstrations thus far have shown it to be intelligent, if not award winningly so. AI aside, the dog will bark to alert you of enemies, sniff out hidden treasure and side quests, and trot merrily along towards your goal in an area.
More information.

Creative, but wouldn't you be totally screwed if anything happened to the dog?

Is this like the gorilla in The Longest Journey?

You think Pete would learn the lessons of the past in regards to shooting his mouth off but apparently not... I still wonder why people still take this guy seriously? It's like 4 or 5 games in a row now that he has claimed our socks will be knocked off by Revolutionary AI thingy X, only to have that AI be a pretty shallow Neural Network, good for a laugh for about 5 minutes after which the novelty wears off.

You think Pete would learn the lessons of the past in regards to shooting his mouth off but apparently not... I still wonder why people still take this guy seriously? It's like 4 or 5 games in a row now that he has claimed our socks will be knocked off by Revolutionary AI thingy X, only to have that AI be a pretty shallow Neural Network, good for a laugh for about 5 minutes after which the novelty wears off.

Yeah, Pete is in the novelty business now but nonetheless, he still produces.

It's a bottom line thing. He makes games that sell decently within budget and time frame. It is by far a lot easier to take guys like Molyneux seriously, people who actually make games, than guys like Brad M. who spew novelty but go way over budget and ship unfinished product.

And Ghost Dog was an exceptional film. The best scene was when Forrest Whitaker goes to rescue the homeless guy from thugs and the homeless guy goes Lee/Norris/Van Damme on them.

Creative, but wouldn't you be totally screwed if anything happened to the dog?

I think the dog will be just like the creature in Black & White games. If it takes too much damage, it will become unconscious and will be automatically teleported to its den where it will slowly heal and eventually will join player. But its no doubt that it will take ample damange before hitting the sack, seeing how its designed to be a multi-functional pup!!

Back
Top Bottom