Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Vote for New Playable Race & Alpha Extended

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and a vote for the best new playable race. Additionally the playable Alpha period has been extended by popular demand.

Greetings Pathfinders!

When it comes to character creation, there's no such thing as too many options. We know just how much many of you love the character creation process, and how important it is to make your beloved character in every detail, bring them to life, and fully embody them throughout the whole adventure. So it is only natural that you've all been eagerly awaiting the poll to decide the new playable race, which we announced some time ago as one of our Kickstarter campaign stretch goals.

Finally, the time has come to choose your candidate for a new in-game playable race! Who will it be? Catfolk, Kitsune, or maybe Ratfolk? Let the showdown begin!
33394505ff87b432e9bbabc0ded4dbf7_original.jpg
Starting from now, each backer can participate in the special poll and vote for the new playable race that they think best suits our next game. The slacker backers also get to vote, so if you missed the Kickstarter campaign, you can still participate in the poll if you support us on the backer portal:https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder. The voting will last for a month, until the 30th of June, and take place in a special section of the forum: https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-vote-for-the-playable-race/20295

[...]

Our alpha testers have been asking us to make the testing period longer so they can play a little bit more. We also know that there are still some people who would like to participate in the alpha, even though the test is about to end. Well, we've heard you! So we've decided to extend the alpha test - the current version will be available on Steam for the next two months at least.

We will soon stop collecting feedback for the current alpha version, but all the alpha testers and those who decide to jump into the Alpha Early Access now can still play the available version and take part in the second stage of testing, which will take place by the end of the summer. The next alpha version will contain some new content and we will be happy to hear your thoughts on it through a new series of surveys.
The crusade goes on!

More information.

Ratfolk FTW ! ;)

Catfolk has already been done to death in so many rpgs and Kitsune feels almost as common, with the internetflood of anime & manga in the last few decades.

Great, another RPG with furries. We really need more of those.

only thing i want from this chapter is the TB mode :D

Is it bad that I'm more excited about this game then Baldur's Gate III?:cool:

Kidding don't get out the pitch-forks.:biggrin:

Though this game will definitely be a GOT contender once again.:drool:

Ratfolk FTW ! ;)

Catfolk has already been done to death in so many rpgs and Kitsune feels almost as common, with the internetflood of anime & manga in the last few decades.

Anime sure, but what games have fox people in them? I can think of a good amount that have some kind of ratfolk (Warhammer's Skaven, Wizardry's Ratkin, FFIX's Burmecians such as Freya, or FFXIV's Qiqirn, Guild War 2's Skritt, Legend of Grimrock's Ratlings, Kobolds in Wow, etc), but not many I can think of with foxes(Jade Empire had some, so did WoW, I think one of the Breath of Fires...?). By the argument of rarity it's the foxes that should probably be voted for for an rpg game, not ratfolk.

Well, no one is forcing you to play a furry.

But they are forcing us to accept them as part of a game world that we have already experienced and had no need of them before. So they will definitely feel out of place, jarring, even.

It'll be the first time I'm playing a game with furries.
I'm surprised that the foxes are so much more popular than cats.

But they are forcing us to accept them as part of a game world that we have already experienced and had no need of them before. So they will definitely feel out of place, jarring, even.

You mean the game world with humanoid dragons (kobolds), humanoid rats (wererats), humanoid cats (weretigers) and humanoid wolves (werewolves) in Kingmaker? But humanoid foxes, and another type of humanoid rat and cat is a step too far?

All three races of the cat/rat/fox folk are in the Pathfinder rpg material, they didn't pull these out of their buttocks for the kickstarter.

There always has been some human/animal hybrids in fantasy.
What's new are all those gamers litterally obsessed with furries (I wonder why).

Imagine if Star Wars was released today, nowadays kids would hate it and call it a furry lover movie because of Chewy…:-/

It'll be the first time I'm playing a game with furries.
I'm surprised that the foxes are so much more popular than cats.
1. Star Fox

2. I like cats but I don't like humanoid cats as depicted in most games that have them. They look just like humans with feline heads, and that's just silly - foxes or fox heads are a much more natural fit. A notable exception is the cat pals in Monster Hunter World, those looked just right. Cats are tinkers. A bit like this:

t8GGsod.jpg

You mean the game world with humanoid dragons (kobolds), humanoid rats (wererats), humanoid cats (weretigers) and humanoid wolves (werewolves) in Kingmaker? But humanoid foxes, and another type of humanoid rat and cat is a step too far?

All three races of the cat/rat/fox folk are in the Pathfinder rpg material, they didn't pull these out of their buttocks for the kickstarter.

I have no issues with part-animal humanoids, mind. I just didn't agree with the statement.

As opposed to the catfolk and kitsune races proposed here - which I'd frankly consider fan service - your examples are twisted, mostly magical hybrids embedded in the game world's lore. Golarion has its share of them: https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Races_of_Golarion

Since people are not going to vote for rates, I'd really hope they'd go the extra mile and add some background to the winner and not just place pretty talking cats/foxes in every other corner.

I'm not a fan of any of these choices. Regardless of which one wins, I won't be choosing it for my character.

The poll is over and the kitsune race won.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Update #58 - The Poll is Over!
The poll is over, and now we know the next playable race that will be added to the game. You made your choice. Please welcome kitsune to the crusade! We know that there were some technical issues along the way and the voting process its*elf was not as simple as it could have been. The poll system was designed to make the results as transparent as possible and rule out any chance of cheating.

I'm pretty surprised (and disappointed) that Kitsune won. I'd rather have had the Ratfolk. At least they seemed to fit the setting more.

Back
Top Bottom