Saints Row: The Third Remake

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?

https://youtu.be/G4Z1qGoY0BU

Unfortunately, an Epic Store exclusive.

All DLC included might not be so good, either. As I recall, the bloodsucker DLC was badly OP. Hope you can turn it off.

Too bad they're not doing a remake of Saints Row 2. I remember that one being a lot more serious and not so over-the-top. Plus, it never got a proper PC port to begin with.

40 e? bwahahah
epicshitstore? bwahaahah

fits into the bullshit thread haha

I remember that one being a lot more serious and not so over-the-top.
It was, though it was still somewhat crazy. It certainly has a higher need for help but, according the PC Gamer article, it would have been a lot harder to do right.

Good news. I've played the original to death on my not-so-trusty X360 (literally: even got a RRoD during play!)

IMHO, this is how a GTA-style gangsta game should be: seriously over the top, absolutely not realistic in any ways, totally punk and great fun.
Feels kinda like the Airplane/Hot Shots/Naked Gun genre parody of video games. Love it.

I just hope that the remaster won't break anything that worked well in the originals: that is, all we need is more stupid music tracks, more crazy gags (hint: alternative dialogs when playing with zombie voice), more ridiculous pimp poses, better framerate and slightly improved graphics.
We do not need unnecessary battle royale game mode, we do not need loot boxes, we do not need season pass DLCs.

I don't think they're doing that much. They just upped the lighting effects, up the polygon counts, put more detail into some of the objects - purely a facelift.

Remake I'd buy. But this is remaster, not remake.

So, goodbye.

Yeah, I like the game a whole lot ... but this upgrade seems a bit light.

It may be a decent entry point for someone new to the game, who's fine with epic.

Agents of Mayhem was not bland but went grindy too fast, had not enough of humor and the story was like Skyrim. In other words, none.

The repetitiveness killed the fun after a few hours.

So here's a thing… what do they do with the current owners? If they give it out for free to them, it will make a much bigger social media splash but it also means 0 cash from those folks. If they charge even $1 it will greatly reduce how many people re-play the game.

What about folks that don't have any of the DLC? Or people that bought only after the graphics upgrade was announced?

Previous owners are probably not even that easy to verify, since it will be only on epic... ?

D'oh! Yeah, and if they give any sort of discount to current Steam owners a year later, the people who buy on Epic with throw a fit. Eeeeesh.

Its released and almost three times as large as the original. :(

Mostly due to hi-res images and audio.

Edit: File size after installation is around 37.2 GB

Size may vary for user but like I said they used 4k images and better audio.

That alone adds almost 10+ GB to any game.

Edit:Yeah they switched engine also. The id tech engine is a beast.

Do we still care about size in this day and age? The graphics do look a lot better now but I haven't heard anything about new/improved features, so this is purely a face lift.

Looks like the original game can be bought with all DLC for $15 without a sale at all. I was curious to see if they would put the original game on sale this summer but, at that price, they hardly need a sale.

Back
Top Bottom