Elder Scrolls Online - One Tamriel

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Elder Scrolls Online will soon launch an update called One Tamriel, which will remove all content barriers and make group play and exploration easier.

Big changes are coming later this year to The Elder Scrolls Online in the form of One Tamriel, an overhaul of the Zenimax MMO that Director Matt Firor said will “make it easier for ESO players to group together, and to promote the sense of freedom to explore that Elder Scrolls games are known for.” The plan, in a nutshell, is to remove all content barriers from the game and make everything available to everyone.

When One Tamriel goes live, character levels will be scaled for the full game in the same way that they're currently scaled to the Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood DLC zones. You'll be able to take on the entirety of Tamriel however you wish—“Just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content”—and, aside from PvP, players will be able to group and play with whoever they want, regardless of level or allegiance.

PvE Alliance restrictions are also being dropped, and “silver” and “gold” versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that can be completed in any order. Trials and Dungeons will continue to offer Standard and Veteran difficulties, and the Coldharbour zone will be inaccessible to players who haven't finished the questline that leads there; if you're invited to join a group that's already there, however, you'll be able to access it immediately.

“In general, higher level players will be the same 'level' as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points,” Firor wrote. “We will adjust gear rewards to scale appropriately to make sure that there is always a way to get more powerful via crafting, questing, PvP, and dungeon/trial boss loot drops.”

More information about One Tamriel will be announced over the summer and leading up to its launch, currently slated for sometime this autumn.
More information.

I'm currently playing this with the release of Dark Brotherhood, and this change seems like a positive move to me. The main issue right now is trying to form groups for low level dungeons via the group finder. I have not really been able to do that and just settled on waiting until level 50 to do scaled dungeon content then.

I'm having a hard time seeing how you consider this a good move. Doesn't this mean that there will not be any high-level areas to be afraid of and work towards? Is this level-scaling as we know it, or is it something a bit different? I played ES:O mostly like a single-player game, and I have a hard time understanding how this will impact everything.

So what is the use of lvling? A lot of the fun for me in a MMO is gaining power to go to new dangerous areas and dungeons. In EQ I loved gaining lvls because I new I was getting closer to adventure in the Plain of Hate or go to new areas in Kunark.

This is just like giving every little kid a participation trophy. Damn you millennials.

Well I had been debating to try this again over the summer but this is pretty much the last nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.

I think they are trying to solve the problem of having the exact same path to 50 every time you want to try a new build. Currently, the linearity of the progression is the poster child of monotony and the difficulty you speak of is all but gone from the game until you get to the raids. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about honestly.

Level scaling... what could possibly go wrong?

It did work in Oblivion, so why not for all of Tamriel... o_O

There has to be a better way.. The current system sucks and this change sucks. Guess that's why I never really got hooked. There just has to be a better design no one has thought of..

Well they could keep the old fixed levelled zones, but allow free travel to all zones at any time. That would help remove the monotony without introducing level scaling.

Last edited:
Will you be dead meat if you are Ebonheart faction and travel to Daggerfall?Can you ganked by higher level players or will the pvp stay in pvp.
I started a new assasin type character with the intention of paying up again to get the dark brotherhood. BUT, I will not play a game where I cant travel when I am low level without being griefed.

PvP should only be allowed in PvP areas (Cyrodiil and Sewers), so I think you'd be safe from ganking.

But it sort of goes against the story's setting if players from other aliances are in the area (if you think about it).

I wouldnt mind being kos to npc factions.Maybe you would have to have a disguise to get by the guards to gain entry or travel through sewers to get in. I have played lots of mmos where that is the case.

Getting spanked by players while you are fishing is not enjoyable any longer to me.

Haha. Fishing in cyrodiil can be a bit tense. I usually can read a book while fishing but there...

BTW, did you know you can fish while stealthed? It takes one cycle but then it sticks.

did you know you can fish while stealthed? It takes one cycle but then it sticks.

That's funny. Have to try it out.

So glad I quit this already. Had lots of promise but the zoning and progression was way too obvious. And the economy was a joke

Back
Top Bottom