Most anticipated titles in 2017

Can't remember the last time I played a new release game, lol. My backlog is so padded I easily sit back and wait for GoY editions these days.

Can't remember the last time I played a new release game, lol. My backlog is so padded I easily sit back and wait for GoY editions these days.

For me it isn't even back log of games.

It comes down to time and picking a few games I know I will finish. I would rather play a game I have played a few times and know I like then waste hours on one I won't.

Probably just D:OS2... haven't really been paying attention so not sure how good the game looks now, only know the release date is Sept 2017.

For 2018 though.... I'm really looking forward to Pathfinder: Kingmaker!!

1. Battletech
2. Divinity:OS2
3. ELEX

Easy list since those are the only ones I can think of...there are probably several other smaller titles that are interesting too though.

As others have mentioned already: ELEX and D: OS2. That's about it I think.

At the moment my most anticipated game is Kingmaker but that isnt 2017 :( Like wise for POE2.

So for now:

ELEX (this looks super interesting. I never liked any of the gothic games myself but this one looks really good so hoping I will enjoy it versus my experience with their previous games).

Divinity:OS2 (although I never finished the first one so will see how this goes)

That's it unless you can count an expansion: Tyranny: The Bastard’s Wound.

Also a game in general looking forward to though no release date: Werewolf: The Apocalypse

Most of my 2017 anticipated games already released (Persona 5, Tales of Berseria, Nier: Automata, Atelier: Sophie). Remaining ones are Bards Tale 4 and Dragon Quest 11.

Most of my 2017 anticipated games already released (Persona 5, Tales of Berseria, Nier: Automata, Atelier: Sophie). Remaining ones are Bards Tale 4 and Dragon Quest 11.

Walt, is BT4 supposed to be released this year? I'll put that on my list and remove ELEX in that case…

EDIT: 2018 seems to be the case for BT4, so my original list stands.

Does an expansion pack count?

Mordor is coming to LOTRO this autumn (or rather, LOTRO's coming to Mordor).

I've seen it. It looks terrible. As the most evil place in Middle Earth should - which means I think it looks great (yes, I know, graphics are dated, but frankly, I don't need hairworks).

pibbur who is spending as much time as he can among hobbitses and orcses this summer holiday (wife's away for 2 weeks).

PS. Preorder opens today. DS.

Last edited:
My top 3, I think, would be:
1. Hellblade
2. Starcraft Remastered
3. Destiny 2

Special mentions:
Vampyr
Elex

And the reason why I chose those 3 might surprise. I don't really have time for gaming, and probably won't have much time across the year, so the 3 I chose will either be very short (Hellblade), endless (Destiny) so I can quit it any time, or just something I've been planning on replaying for some time (Starcraft 1 to then move into SC2 and finally finish the trilogy).

Does an expansion pack count?

Mordor is coming to LOTRO this autumn (or rather, LOTRO's coming to Mordor).

I've seen it. It looks terrible. As the most evil place in Middle Earth should - which means I think it looks great (yes, I know, graphics are dated, but frankly, I don't need hairworks).

pibbur who is spending as much time as he can among hobbitses and orcses this summer holiday (wife's away for 2 weeks).

PS. Preorder opens today. DS.

Wow, so they are finally finishing the game then? I thought it got sold and they weren't developing it anymore. Great stuff. I played a bunch (by my standards, not MMO standards) years back and thought it was great. I only made it to Lothlorien, though.

I actually logged into Lotro for the first time in 2-3 years just a few days ago. It seems more monetized than ever with its "Mithril Coins" for purchase in the shop.

The original game, Shadows of Angmar, was simply terrific - enough so that I bought my one and only lifetime subscription for a game. Unfortunately, it just went steadily downward in terms of atmosphere since then. I stopped playing during Rohan, bored with the monotonous content and bland settings.

It's a shame because, apparently, I have 35,000 turbine points (from my lifetime sub). Zzzz. Wish I could transfer them to DDO.

Actually now that people mention it, I am looking forward to Battletech.

=)

D:OS2 and Elex, in that order. As for 3rd, hm, possibly Vampyr but I'm a little skeptical that they'll be able to deliver.

1. Battletech
2. Kingdom Come: D... oh, got pushed to 2018. Strike that.
2. Mount & Blade: Bannerlord (still no release date but I'm hoping)
3. Divinity OS2? South Park? ELEX? It gets difficult after M&B.

You can't completely refactor the code over and over again once you've launched. That's why ED will never - ever - be able to achieve what SC will.
Yeah, that's what Egosoft's X4 will be for. <grinning, ducking, running>

I've recently discovered the game Noita (name means "witch" in Finnish), a really cool-looking roguelite from the people that created The Swapper. Here is a post by them on imgur with some more information and a trailer.

Back
Top Bottom