Only 400 active users?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Goodness! That seems a really low total. I thought we hovered a little over a 1000 not that long ago. Am I wrong about that? Have we always been this tiny?

Has all of the political/sexual/religious BS scared away those who just want to talk about Role Playing Games? If I had a vote, I'd vote to keep anything from Off Topic and P&R from showing on the front page. I don't have a vote though...

Do we want growth? Perhaps we were too big before and this is just settling to the right size...

How did you come up with this number (400 active members) ?

How did you come up with this number (400 active members) ?

At the bottom of the forums, i think

Threads: 32,176, Posts: 601,460, Members: 11,842, Active Members: 449
Welcome to our newest member, never18

If we really want bigger numbers, the site should start covering overhyped garbage.
Destiny and Pokemon Go should be the site splashscreen.

If we really want bigger numbers, the site should start covering overhyped garbage.
Destiny and Pokemon Go should be the site splashscreen.

Please no! C'mon Joxer, don't give them ideas.... :)

Goodness! That seems a really low total. I thought we hovered a little over a 1000 not that long ago. Am I wrong about that? Have we always been this tiny?

Has all of the political/sexual/religious BS scared away those who just want to talk about Role Playing Games? If I had a vote, I'd vote to keep anything from Off Topic and P&R from showing on the front page. I don't have a vote though...

Do we want growth? Perhaps we were too big before and this is just settling to the right size...

You are wrong. The numbers never went much higher and myrthos produced a chart showing the numbers.

There was a peak around 700-800 if I remember at some point of some game's release and then it dropped to 400-500 and stayed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are wrong. The numbers never went much higher and myrthos produced a chart showing the numbers.

There was a peak around 700-800 if I remember at some point of some game's release and then it dropped to 400-500 and stayed there.

Aha! I expected this a bit. So we've never been above 1000 active and we are small potatoes. That's okay. It is amazing that we get any notice at all; even from indie devs.

The place is like a clubhouse for grumpy eccentrics that won't allow it to be redecorated. I think it would go badly if you tried to change it or push for growth.

I dont think it is as dire as you as are saying. I think people are posting a lot more despite the low active user counts. I've been on forums though with a much lower active user counts and they post even more than here in the watch. Banter at least seems to be at an all time high at the watch.

Eh, never got lurking. What's the point of forums anyways?
The only thing I'd do is get rid of likes.

Good! I'm not complaining btw. I just thought we were getting smaller, but that could be because DArtagnan isn't posting 80 times a day.

I still miss DArt.

Last edited:
Dislikes are a scourge, please dont add them. The dislike button is used to bully people in a lot of forums, while i am immune to them as i had a lot worse coming at me other people may not be.

I still Miss DArt.

Capital M ???? With a capital M, the word 'miss' has another meaning in English, right ? Unless you made it proposital and all...

Good! I'm not complaining btw. I just thought we were getting smaller, but that could be because DArtagnan isn't posting 80 times a day.

Don't worry! There are other members taking his place and posting as much… :p

I capitalized the M by accident will fix now.

Dislikes are a scourge, please dont add them. The dislike button is used to bully people in a lot of forums, while i am immune to them as i had a lot worse coming at me other people may not be.

If a simple dislike button can bully you ( not you specifically) then internet forums are probably not for you.

Back
Top Bottom