The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I won't be late. I'll either be there or not. Sorry I can't be more definitive yet.

How about we do the epic level Gianthole flagging quests (Return to Madstone, etc. ...)?

Barring an unforeseen change, I'm out. That leaves you a full party of 6.

Is that a typo or a new area nickname, Aletys? ;)

No, I'm referring to the new area, Gianthole.

Nice of DDO to finally name something after me. :p

lol ... though I'm confused ... I thought that was the name of the area ... ???

Anyway, if we're going to be six, then doing the flagging quests for epic versions of Tor & Reaver's Fate would be viable.

Officially, Gianthold. I think I like yours better.

There's our next contest; let's rename our favourite places in DDO!! :) Whoever comes up with the best new name wins.

lol ... I didn't even see the typo till you put it in correctly.

Contest ... I like those! ;)

Well, we already have Anorexia, and Reavers Refuse, to join Gianthole. I suppose there's always Necrophilia. :)

Az, why don't you apply for this new Council; I'm sure you'd have LOTS of suggestions!! :)

Some info about the issue one of Corwin's toons was hit with:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-Over-level-item-encumbrance-permanent!/page3

The condition debuff is called "burden of guilt" and is caused by having worn an overlevel item. This situation was introduced by Turbine to punish players who cheated with House Cannith crafting getting high level items to a minimum level much lower than the real level.

In one of the updates they checked all toons for items and calculated the minimum level. If you were "caught" having an over level item worn you were flagged as a cheater and given the curse (burden of guilt). That curse means you move much slower than normal.

The problem with this effect is that Turbine have changed the minimum level on certain items in prior updates. Not to respond to cheating, but to rebalance items. If players (like Corwin) who have NOT cheated log in to a toon they haven't played for months then this toon will be flagged as a cheater too since Turbine can't distiguish the reason you are now wearing an over level item.

It's not enough to strip the toon of items to fix the overlevel situation. You need to talk to a GM to let him remove the effect on the toon. This is considered a permanent curse on that toon until you LR or TR.

This just proves that it's very risky to take advantage of game exploits and cheats.

I've resisted the temptation to e. g. learn how to use epic destiny twists at level 1+ after a TR, how to craft very powerful house Cannith items with a ridiculously low minimum level requirement, item duplication bug to generate many items of the same type and so on.

In the end Turbine will find a method to punish people who have cheated. The problem is that they shoot with a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle and hit many innocent victims too. If you do anything that can look like cheating then you could get punished hard. E. g. buying items at the auction house too cheap can be flagged as cheating. With the item duplication bug people sold large devil scales for like 10 devil scales for 100k plat or 100 devil scales for 50 shards. You might not know that these items are created from cheating and buy them. If you do then you're also flagged as a cheater. It's like buying stolen goods. If the deal is too good to be true then it usually is.

Last edited:
Corwin has just been very unlucky since he is a casual player who has toons being inactive for months. Maybe he logged in on some toons just to claim the Turbine raid box gift. Then he had old items with a different minimum level than now. So he gets flagged as a cheater and the toon permanently cursed.

Back
Top Bottom