Gta 5

So 60GB seems my prediction of 100 GB games is not far off.O_O I eagerly await the next unoptimized Fallout RPG by Bethesda to reach it as they own the new id Tech 6 engine.

So 60GB seems my prediction of 100 GB games is not far off.O_O I eagerly await the next unoptimized Fallout RPG by Bethesda to reach it as they own the new id Tech 6 engine.

CIG have announced that Star Citizen is likely to reach or even exceed 100 GB :)

I don't think we have to worry about that. At least not from Bethesda. The id Tech engine doesn't lend itself to the kind of open-world RPGs that Bethesda is known for. I'll be shocked if Fallout 4 doesn't use the latest version of Gamebryo.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/07/gta-5-fifth-most-expensive-entertainment-product-budget/
Yup, Rockstar poured a total of 268M into GTA 5. Only Destiny and CoD:MW were more "expensive".
Seeing how many people are buying this as it's #1 seller on Steam for a few weeks in a row, I bet from those 268 millions, 18 went into game development and 250 into marketing.
I'm not buying ofc. Maybe will when it gets included in some few bucks humble overhyped/overmarketed games bundle.

But it's not the reason I'm posting in this thread, the reason is that per rumors RDR is coming on PC. Not the original game though. But it's sequel:
http://wccftech.com/red-dead-redemption-2-unveiled-e3-ps4-xbox-pc-details-leaked/

Honestly, I'm more interested into that game than into GTA and I would buy RDR PC port if it ever came, but okay, they don't want to port it, their loss, I'll buy the sequel.

Well I was exaggerating with my comment JDR. Still someone should tell these developers that most major Internet providers in the US have download caps.:rolleyes:

Rdr2 ? Joxer you made my day, thanks

I'm glad games are getting bigger Finally some decent texture resolutions.

Rdr2 ? Joxer you made my day, thanks

I'm glad games are getting bigger Finally some decent texture resolutions.
My problem isn't the size just the data caps. As for Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PC I'm excited as well, but still pissed off about the first game never being ported.:mad:

My problem isn't the size just the data caps.

Then your problems not with devs, it's with ISP's where it should be. Offering faster speed and advertising everything you can do with it and then capping the bandwidth is ridiculous.

Fortunately Comcast has suspended their data cap in MN. Hope they just do away with it as my family averages 800GB / month.

With the sheer amount of content on the internet Data caps need to go. I would do away with my TV service before I got rid of my internet.

No it's both the developer and ISP's fault sakichop. They seem to think everyone has the fastest internet connection, and no one has internet caps in the world.

As for Comcast they are suspending caps in my area now, but will still cut off excessive bandwidth users now. Like you I once used 800gb, and my account got froze.

Anyway the other two options for internet are much worse than Comcast. On a side note at least some developers know how to compress their games on Steam.:disappointed:

Wow 800gb. I win: 150gb. That's a whopping 5 GB a day. If I install GTA 5 and tw3 I'm done. No more Netflix.

Can't complain about the speed though.

No it's both the developer and ISP's fault sakichop. They seem to think everyone has the fastest internet connection, and no one has internet caps in the world.

As for Comcast they are suspending caps in my area now, but will still cut off excessive bandwidth users now. Like you I once used 800gb, and my account got froze.

Anyway the other two options for internet are much worse than Comcast. On a side note at least some developers know how to compress their games on Steam.:disappointed:

Well, maybe I'm a sympathizer but I won't blame the devs. I want them making huge games. I suppose they could compress them more but then people would complain about how long it took to install. There's always discs if you can't download.

I blame the ISP,s. They sell their internet to you by showing you and encouraging you to take advantage of all the web has to offer. Then they say, hey enjoy it but you can only enjoy this much per month. That's BS IMO.

There's no reason for caps there are probably way more people that just go online to check Facebook and email than people like you and I who can eat up 800Gb/ month. I haven't experienced any slowdowns in my area and we've been uncapped for at least a year. There's plenty of bandwidth to go around. They still make plenty of money off me wether I download 8,80,800 or 8000GB per month. So they can shove their caps.

Sorry, I really hate bandwidth caps.:)

You can all still buy physical copy with... How many DVDs inside, LOL

You can all still buy physical copy with… How many DVDs inside, LOL
I believe it's seven DVD's Joxer. Developers don't know how to compress files anymore. The game also requires almost 100 GB of hard drive space after installing it.:mad:

You can all still buy physical copy with… How many DVDs inside, LOL

Well, the industry won't adopt bluray because gamers don't want to upgrade. Anyway, it would be a one time 30 min or so install. Oh no.:rolleyes:

I believe it's seven DVD's Joxer. Developers don't know how to compress files anymore. The game also requires almost 100 GB of hard drive space after installing it.:mad:

Well, it is technology and they need it to run on the lowest common denominator or people will whine. Compressing and uncompressing takes up precious cpu cycles that the average system probably won't have to spare.

I suppose instead of technology they could use magic. 100GB game compressed in to 1 MB that will uncompress and compress only the files needed on the fly and will run on every possible configuration.;)

I refer you to Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 and a few other games that only need 7-10 GB's to download, but unpacked into 20-30 GB's on our hard-drive after installing.

It's not Rocket Science sakichop as many pirate/scene groups already do this.;)

PS: I also don't give a crap about 4K textures, and all the other enchantments added to the PC edition either. All that did was add almost 30-40 GB's of extra data.

Update: PC Gamer even agrees with me.

Link - http://www.pcgamer.com/the-problem-with-growing-download-sizes/

Last edited:
I refer you to Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2 and a few other games that only need 7-8 GB to download, but unpacked into 20-25 GB's on our hard-drive.

It's not Rocket Science as many pirate/scene groups already do this.;)

PS: I also don't give a shit about 4K textures, and all the other enchantments added to the PC edition either. All that did was add almost 40 GB's of extra data.

But isn't that what CDPR is doing also, 30GB download unpacks to 100GB on your HD.

Well I love gaming in 4k, can't see what's not to like about it but to each their own. If you don't care about the PC enhancement why not just grab it on console? It's probably just 1 disk on ps4 and you definitely wouldn't have to worry about 4k at all.

Well if PC gamer agrees with you, I retract my argument.;)

Well lets just agree to disagree then we are going nowhere with this debate.:roll:

But isn't that what CDPR is doing also, 30GB download unpacks to 100GB on your HD.
CDpr is not making PC port of a few years old game. So - no.

To be honest, if a game looks super interesting RPG one can play for weeks, even months, I don't care if it'll be 100 Gb, even more.
But when it's max-10-hours-needed-to-finish Wolfenstein with 50 Gb size, well, that's plan bullshit.

In any case I'm not interested in GTA5 nor am paying AAA brandnew title price for a mere oldgame port. I have plenty of space on my HDD for games and I can put several GTA 5s on it any day without noticing freespace went low, but my HDD seems a bit picky, not just anything goes on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom