Expeditions: Rome - Demo Released

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Logic Artists posted a quick update to notify that the demo was now available. Here is the link on Steam. Brace yourselves though, it's a 24-GB download.

The Expeditions: Rome Demo is now available!

813259d07e686fa54ebdc9436127d32f1b761fc5.jpg

Ave!

The Expeditions: Rome Demo is now available! Just use the button on the product page to install it.
If you want to watch the streaming this weekend, here is the list of content creators:

More information.

Must not download....don't want to ruin/spoil the game.

I've added the list of streamers just in case.

Must not download….don't want to ruin/spoil the game.

Come to the dark side! We don't have cookies but there's a demo ;)

I don't know about you, but it's a good way for me to get a preview and decide whether this game is for me or not.

I don't know about you, but it's a good way for me to get a preview and decide whether this game is for me or not.
Well, then the games where I have doubts should have a demo, and not this one where I'm almost 100% sure that it is for me. :D

I'm a bit skeptical on this one so going to try the demo for sure - downloading it now.

Any impressions so far?

Its pretty big download for 4 hour demo.

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the demo size. 4 hours is pretty decent for a demo though. Where did you read that it's 4 hours?

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the demo size. 4 hours is pretty decent for a demo though. Where did you read that it's 4 hours?

From the Steam news:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/987840/Expeditions_Rome/

The demo will let you take command of conquering Lesbos at the start of the Greece campaign and offers about 4 hours of gameplay, to find out if you have what it takes to be a great Roman Legatus - and to find out if Expeditions: Rome has what it takes to be crowned your new favorite cRPG.

The demo will let you take command of conquering Lesbos at the start of the Greece campaign and offers about 4 hours of gameplay, to find out if you have what it takes to be a great Roman Legatus - and to find out if Expeditions: Rome has what it takes to be crowned your new favorite cRPG.

I had to read that first sentence twice before I realized it was referring to an island. :)

Ouch, it's a huge download.

It's probably most of the whole game indeed and I see why they have to do this. The assets are linked like a big spaghetti and it would be insane to isolate the part used by the demo only.

Unless there are specific tools for that, but apparently not, who cares about waste of bandwidth during lockdown anyway? ;)

I had to read that first sentence twice before I realized it was referring to an island. :)
Spotted the US guy. ;)

Or was the wish father to the thought?

Tip on keyboard remapping (panning camera)

Remapping the keys for camera panning isn't possible, they added it after the demo branch so it will be there in the final version (for the few people like me with a very special non-qwerty keyboard :p)

In the mean time, you can proceed as follows (this example is for azerty but you can see what to change for other layouts)

Open the following file (in a text editor; Notepad is good) and add:
\AppData\Local\ExpeditionsRome\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini

[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveY",Scale=-1.000000,Key=S)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveY",Scale=1.000000,Key=Z)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveX",Scale=-1.000000,Key=Q)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveX",Scale=1.000000,Key=D)

ActionMappings=(ActionName="RotateCameraAnticlockwise",bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False,Key=W)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="RotateCameraClockwise",bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False,Key=X)
(note that the 2 last ones can be set from the menu, maybe they're already in the .ini file so check first)

This solution is coming from them on their Discord, they were very helpful and were very patient with our little problem (I wasn't the only one).

Yeah, we Europeans are so proud to have had ancient Greek and Latin at school ;)
Well, I indeed learned latin for 7 years. Seems like 100 years ago...
However I haven't learned any ancient greek. Still the existence of an island called Lesbos was well known by all pubescents. ;)

Back
Top Bottom