WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Q&A

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Here is the list of yesterday's Q&A on reddit. We may as well keep this thread for further questions on the game, even after its release :)

I did some clean-up, proofing and regrouped them.

AMA.jpg

1) Mythic path

Q: Depending on the mythic path chosen, will appearance change to reflect each path?

A: Yes! Different mythic path affect not only your mechanics, but also your appearance, and some of them even influence the visuals of the surrounding world.

Q: Compared to the TTRPG version of Mythic. Would you say that your version of mythic is stronger, weaker, or equal?

A: Mostly stronger. However, the tabletop version had some poorly tested features that made the player infinitely strong, so for the power gamers some of the craziest builds they might feel a bit weaker.

Q: Does mythic path lock you on specific alignment?

A: It doesn't lock you in an alignment, but it may force you to change your alignment and force you to make choices, that could be rather strange for some alignments.

Q: I figure there will be different endings depending on your mythic path as that is the strongest choice there is…..but will it take alignment into account?

A: Technically, alignment doesn't affect endings, but most Mythic paths have inner choices - e.g. you can be more Lawful-leaning Angel or more Good-leaning Angel. Such choices can affect the ending you will get.

2) Character development and companions

Q: How much new content in terms of character classes and customization can we expect in this game? Did you put more tooltips in class/feat selection? Not all of us players are Master Level Pathfinder lore nerds and a lot of the class stuff is very complicated.

A: Now there are 25 different base classes, each of those has 6 archetypes (besides the base class), more prestige classes than in PFKM, and more other options too (like spells, feats, races, etc.). And yes, we added different features, allowing the player to choose their options with more ease.

Q: Will there be DLC on other classes that you haven't released yet, or are there classes that you haven't even put in the data for in the beta that will be in the final game?

A: For now, we don't have any plans to implement new classes or races. As for DLCs, all the current information is on the Steam page.

Q: Does respec also work on companions? If yes, does it allow changing their 1st level class? E.g. could I make Seelah a pure Fighter with no levels in Paladin?

A: Yes, you can respec your companions, but only to the level at which they joined your party, so you can't remake them from scratch.

Q: Are you going to make animal companion lynx in future updates?

A: We are making sure the base game is of the best quality we can make, so currently there are no plans of making any new animal companion.

Q: How does companion leveling work when a companion is outside of your party? If I swap companion A for companion B at any given point, will companion B have accrued enough XP to match the average party level?

A: There are two options in the game: 1) All companions have the same XP, 2) Only party companions gain XP. By default option 1 is enabled.

Q: Will you be making an option for us to share character builds?

A: Currently, there is no such feature, and probably it won't appear in the near future.

Q: Are there any new Wild talents and infusions (apart from Blood kineticist) for kineticist? Any hope for kinetic whip?

A: No, not in the release version. It's one of the things I personally wanted to do, but time is not limitless.

3) Game difficulty

Q: How noob-friendly is this game? So how accessible is the game to someone who doesn't want to min/max or spend a school year studying the mechanisms?

A: The game can be hard - but only if you choose it to be so. There are lots of options to tailor the experience to your needs, and, to be fair, no min-maxing is needed if you play on Normal difficulty. Also, there are pre-generated characters, pre-made builds for your companions and lots of hints and tutorials in the game!

Q: Is there an auto mode for the crusader system?

A: You can make the Crusade system go on auto mode if don't want to play it whatsoever. It won't block any progress in the main game, but you won't receive any unique benefits from it too.

Q: Please tell me why there was no encyclopedia entry in Kingmaker that explained what the status conditions did.

A: Unfortunately, Kingmaker's encyclopedia received way less love from us than it needed. We've made up for it in Wrath of the Righteous, with a way more robust encyclopedia system, as well as improved tutorials.

Q: I found Kingmaker's time deadlines made my gameplay quite stressful. I couldn't wander off exploring like I do in other games because of all the pressing time limits for decisions and looming curses. Does this game does have a similar mechanic? Is there an option to pause it/etc.? It really stresses me out.

A: No, there are no global "timers" in WotR, but there are several events in the game that can change depending on when (or after which other events) you come. In any case, in general there are no timers.

4) Software & hardware compatibility

Q: I am disabled so when gamepad support was added for your last game, I immediately grabbed it. I had assumed this one would have it on launch, but was sad to see it looks like it won’t for some reason. Any time table?

A: As of time of release, there won't be any gamepad support - and currently there is no information on exact date of it appearing in the PC version. It will probably arrive not far from the console version, so somewhere near March 2022.

Q: Will you eventually release a Linux version of the game?

A: Sadly it isn't planned at the moment, and it is rather unlikely it will be.

5) Miscellaneous

Q: So far I played about 120h of Kingmaker but actually never finished it. If I understand it correctly the story of WOTR and Kingmaker are not or barely linked. Would you recommend finishing Kingmaker before diving into WOTR?

A: As you rightly said, the stories are not linked at all, but you can meet some old friends there. As a developer, I'd recommend you to finish Kingmaker to get a closure on it, and go play WotR without some gaming baggage behind.

Q: Will the game release at midnight right away? Like, will the backers instantly have their game copies and be ready to go or will it be later into the 2nd of Sept?

A: Steam should show the countdown until the release.

Q: Has a "Dungeon Master mode" (to create and share your own adventures) ever come to your mind? And an online mode?

A: We had this idea, of course, but it's a very huge and expensive feature, almost half a new game in size. We're not promising anything, but if the demand for this mode will be high — who knows.

Q: If the game becomes successful, are there any plans to add new voice overs for the definitive edition cut?

A: There are currently no plans to add any new voice-overs, but if the game would be really successful - it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom