Alpha Protocol - No longer available for Sale on Steam

All your comments make me wonder what I missed. I've never played this game and know virtually nothing about it.

Yep, timed decisions are present in Witcher 2 and 3. Now some of those may not be part of actual dialogue, but I guess that's not really such an important difference.

In TW2 aren't important. In TW3 quite a few of those will change the ending accordingly.

I have nothing against timed decisions. Against checkpoints in this century, I have everything.

Retrospective (Chris Davis)

I see there have already been 5 retrospectives on this game, so I'll just post that here.

Chris Davis has something to say on how he feels about Alpha Protocol: "it's complicated". Perhaps it will help whoever hasn't bought the game (like me) see what they've missed… or what they haven't missed.

He's not mincing his words about a few games, including this one. ;)

Intro - 0:00
Making of - 3:00
What I (sort of) Like - 8:47
What I Dislike - 23:34
Conclusion - 41:03

This is when piracy is a good idea. It's never removed either.:biggrin:

Anyway I loved playing this flawed gem and still do occasionally. The broken mini-game system will piss you off sometimes, but the branching choices made up for it.

It was also the first game to use timed choices fully and made you pay attention.

I played this way back when, and I enjoyed it then, yet I don't think I'd ever care to replay it, certainly not these days. It seems rather silly that the music turns out to be an issue, something that always makes me chuckle when I read of similar woes.

Back
Top Bottom