2008 NHL Playoffs

Back in the early days of Saint Yzerman when the Wings were dreadfully bad, certain uncouth and misguided followers of other teams liked to refer to the team as the "Dead Things". Poor souls...maybe they've seen the light and joined the ranks of the righteous by now.

Never heard that before. Guess you mean the righteous dead, as opposed to the grateful dead!! :)

I had a high school teacher who grew up as a Red Wings fan in Detroit and he constantly referred to them as the Dead Things. Even when they were up 3-0 to Philly in the '97 Cup final he was utterly convinced that they would choke and blow it. I'm too young to understand how all those years of suffering could have made him so cynical, but somehow I get the feeling I'll be the same way one day when it comes to the Canucks. Of course it could be worse; I could have been born a leafs fan:p

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Ouch.

Hey, I had to watch it live! I thought that's what happened and to add insult Green scored the goal. It was amazing and nothing wrong with it.

Back in the day when that happened refs used to blow the whistle immediately. Its a shame that with the players becoming so competitive that they complained did and with all the extra diving he had to roll around on the ice.

Man, I hope he has kids already.

Wow New York is up 2-0 now on the Devils after 2 games in NJ. This has to be the most surprising series so far.

2 down, 14 to go, and Trotz has gone into full-on whine mode.

Haven't seen a game yet!! Here's hoping there will be some on this week!!

I'm only going to get to see about 6 games on TV if the Wings go all the way and every series goes 7 games. You might consider doing the internet radio on nhl.com. That's been my primary link to the Wings this season.

I got to watch the Wings play while I was on the job yesterday. It's pretty cool to work in a place with large screen plasmas scattered about on the walls.

We're even allowed to wear Redwing jerseys to work during the playoffs, which is a rarity in a business with policies as strict as mine. Of course the company I work for happens to be owned by Marion Illitch, the wife of Redwings owner Mike Illitch. ;)

My company was part of the Hicks-Muse family of companies..but we couldn't even get Sharks tickets in our area.

I wonder how long before ESPN picks up the NHL again. ESPN2 has been showing the Frozen Four.

While many people hated ESPN's coverage of the NHL, I never had a problem with it. I'd certainly prefer they have the contract rather than Versus. ESPN knew the Wings were the biggest draw, so I used to get to watch 20+ games a season. I'd love to go back to that.

It's all about money, but I used to get many more games when ESPN carried it!!

Well that sucks rocks. Oh well, I did predict 5 games.

@JDR- think Rags/Devils is more surprising than the Quacks losing the first two at home?

Wow what a defensive breakdown by the Wings, they better play better than that in game 4.

I'm very surprised by both of those series dteowner. I'm really looking forward to game 3 of the Stars - Ducks series. If the Stars win game 3 it's over.

Back in my day, the goalie would have made creative use of his stick-right between the offending players legs!! That shifts them quickly!! :)

Avery was a tool when he was with the Wings. I see he hasn't gotten any better after tours of Tinseltown and the Big Apple.

Actually got to watch that game; first one I've seen. The refs were terrible!!

Back
Top Bottom